Friday, July 9, 2010

Coping

I think that I am FINALLY coming out of this horrible work/stress problem that I have been having. I returned to my good old 'sands and rocks' way of planning and I am happy to report that I got all but one thing done this week that was on my list this week! That is WAY better than past weeks and I think that I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel.

I have learned to delegate....especially items that are time consuming but don't add a lot to my learning process (sort of hard to explain but there are a lot of tedious things that will have to be done or entered into a spreadsheet before I can do the problem-solving part). This has helped keep my employees busy and has freed up some of my time.

I have learned to be a little more of a boss and not so much of a friend. It sucks and it isn't the way I want to operate but with a couple of my employees, it is the way it has to be. For the others, we are still more friendly but they already understand that just because I am their boss, and am nice, doesn't mean that they don't have to do work. If only everyone would get that. I hate that other people's personalities are causing me to change my management style but it is what it is.

I have decided that I am going to try not to travel 5 days a week. Most auctions close early on Friday so I am going to start leaving on Thursdays after work. I think that this will help because it will make my out of town time each week a 4:3 ration instead of 5:2. I don't feel like I will lose any work time this way and it will also save the company money. Plus, Craig plays soccer on Thursdays so it won't matter that I will get home later.

The diet seems to be going pretty well. I feel pretty good but not sure that it has really made me lose weight. Ugh. I am going to stick with it though....even if I don't lose weight, I will at least be healthy :-)

So, anyway, that is what I have been up to....I didn't promise it would be an exciting post but at least I don't feel half crazy now :-)

1 comment:

Drena said...

Good for you. I hope you got a good raise with all the stress this has caused you! :)