Friday, September 3, 2010

9 Miles

I ran 9 miles today. well, I ran all but about 5 mins of 9 miles. Those minutes were spent walking up a hill. I don't really see the point in killing myself to run up a hill at a pace that turns out to be slower than if I just walk and plus, it gives me a nice break. I heard on Q100 in Atlanta the other day a list of the things you shouldn't post about on FB. Exercising was one of them, now I have this suspicion that I am one of those annoying posters (since I do post about running and biking). Then again, also on the list were any posts about potty training your kids, anyone who ONLY posts about their kids, and a whole slew of other things that my "friends" on FB do. Thing is, I don't really mind most of it...I mean, that IS what they are doing and isn't that the point. Take exercise and traveling out of my posts and you will not hear much from me.

Anyway, the run felt good. I was really dreading it but I have skipped my long runs the last two weekends. Once because I had flown 4 times in 5 days (separate flights, not connections) and my body was just tired, the other because I didn't think it was a good idea to run 9 miles before biking 50. I hope that I feel as good at the actual race as I did today. Ali will still leave me in the dust but at least I will finish and feel good doing it :)

I am so ready for college football and so sad that I have to wait until Monday to see our game. We have the college gameplan thingy but since we are going to WI this weekend, I will have to wait until we get back. I am pretty sure they will not have it on there :=) Next weekend I plan to spend the whole weekend just crafting and watching football. If anyone is looking for a craft retreat and wants to head up 75 about 500 miles, come join me :-)

2 comments:

Erin H. said...

So funny! I know I only post about kids on FB, but sadly can't think of anything else to post :). I did start potty training, but consciously left that off FB. At least I did that right! Congrats on the run. You are awesome!

Mel said...

I don't care if people post about their kids. I kind of think it is rude for anyone to decide what people should and shouldn't post about. I mean, if you don't like what someone posts, don't read it. I like hearing about my friends' kids cause I don't get to see them that much. I just thought it was funny that it was on the list along with anything about trying to be healthy or exercising...what exactly do people want to read?? Whatevs.