Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wedding Plans...Help!!

So, to start with, the above picture is of me after Warrior Dash...I am completely covered in mud and this is after the rinse out...that shirt was a pretty pink color before the race...ewww
. It did some clean!

Now for some pictures of the wedding/reception site for Craig and I...I need help with deciding on some colors. There are a few colors in play already and I don't necessarily have to match them but I also don't want to pick out something that will completely stick out and look bad. My sisters and I were discussing light blues and yellows. There are just so many great places to take pictures there so I don't want to miss out on that...


These are the doors that the guests will come in and the main entrance way...outside those doors are the columns that are on the front of the building. I LOVE these doors, they are so tall and full of detail (on the other side).

If you turned directly around you would be facing this staircase and these walls are really more yellow than they are showing up on the computer for me but I am not sure how they are showing up for you...the photographer has some amazing pictures of some of his clients on these stairs...
As you can see in the picture above, if you keep walking you will be in the room where we will be getting married and have the reception. For the ceremony everyone will be sitting at their tables and the aisle will be the dance floor after the ceremony...it was a little weird to me at first but I got over it. So, you can see that there is a yellow and blueish/greenish/grayish color on the walls...the carpet is dark green with a pattern on it (and a seal in the middle of the room...you can see a better pic of it down below). There is also a balcony above and a big rotunda. The bench is permanent so it will be staying. We have the option to cover it with a drape in front of it but I am thinking we will either just leave it or put something on the front (not on it but like fabric or lights that are hanging down in loops...omg, I am bad at describing). The rotunda is the next picture with the same colors.


This last picture is the room where the buffet will be for everyone (bar will be at the bottom of the stairs). This carpet is the same as the other room and you can see the yellow on the walls a little better here too.
So, who is good at all this and can help me...we aren't going for super formal or anything...it will be under 100 people (still working that out from 50) and it will later in the evening because we want the party to go late but it will not be formal just because it is late so we want to sort of keep that less formal theme. Less formal doesn't mean it shouldn't be nice though :-) I will probably do my own centerpieces so I have a couple ideas there but I think that I want some suggestions on colors...will the yellows and light blues work?? What won't work??

Craig said that I am planning way too much in advance and he is probably right but my work schedule is about to get out of control and I will not have time for anything so I think that I am trying to get a head start on it all so I won't be stressed about it later...I know I will have all boring, cold winter to do stuff too, but I can't help it...it is fun now that we have a place and everything :-)

5 comments:

m said...

It looks like it will be so pretty! I think you can pretty much do any flowers you want. The designs on the carpet shouldn't factor in too much and the walls seem pretty neutral. It will turn out great regardless of what color you decide!

Carrie Davis said...

I agree with meghan...I think you can do whatever you want. Looks really pretty!

Mel said...

I guess more of the issue is that I don't know what I want...do you guys have any suggestions?

m said...

You really could do almost anything I think. Do you want to be monochromatic or lots of different colors? If you don't know what color flowers, do you have any idea what you want the bridesmaids dresses to be? It may be easier to start there and then go with the flowers since that will really show up in the photos also.

The Freeman Connection said...

also keep in mind that the colors on the floor and wall will be different at night and not as bright. You may want to see if you can take photos of it in the evening just to see what you will be working with.
It think yellows would be gorgeous! And even white - it would pop against all the yellow but also bring out a lot of the beautiful trim throughout the building.