Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Woking Hard for Her Money....

That is what I feel like lately! I have been working my arse off for a good month solid. It is so fun! In all reality, I like what I do but I have built a department where the higher up people are starting to really trust us which means that my name (which is what is associated with my department) comes up a lot! That is great except that we have a lot to going on and I never feel like I have enough time to get it all done. I have started to associate Atlanta with stress. Every time I go there I have a million meetings and it seems like I don't get to sit still at all.

I did have a lot of fun with all my Atlanta friends while I was there though. It was good to see everyone and spend time with everyone. Morgan came back with me and we got to hang out all weekend....I don't get to hang with her as much so that was fun. Her sister is touring in Wicked and they are here for the next 2.5 weeks. We had tickets for Saturday and she got to go on so we had so much fun watching her....we picked her out in every scene and I got distracted from the story sometimes watching her. I am so proud of her. I tried to show them some non sucky things about Dayton..it is a hard sell with the crappy weather.

So, what is going on now? Um, this freaking cold weather is for the birds. I could take it for all of Jan and Feb and even Dec but now that it is almost March, I am done. I moved here about a year ago and there was no snow on the ground when I did so. Craig read some article that says that winters are going to be worse than normal for the next decade because of El Nino and something else....swell, can't wait. At first I didn't mind the snow and it was all pretty when we kept getting new snow but now it is a week old and dirty. It covers everything and it is wet, but the worst part...the very worst part is that we have not seen sun here in a month...other than an hour here or an hour there or the one Sunday I remember...the skies are gray and gloomy and just yucky. I am ready for some some. Luckily this is the only time of the year that it is like this and everyone here is just as sick of it as I am so at least I am not alone.

Other than that I got my cow two weeks ago and we are enjoying our grassfed beef. I noticed a lot of difference in the taste when we made plain burgers and REALLY noticed it when I made roast beef (especially the next day with leftovers) but tonight I made meatloaf and I couldn't tell at all. Craig like the burgers and stuff but I think that I prefer a little more flavoring with this meat. Since we got a grill from my mom this xmas I think we will be grilling a lot this summer. Our CSA starts next week (unfortunately I will not be in town so I have to wait two weeks to get ..boo) and I started our egg share too but we haven't tried those yet. I know you all think I am nuts but we are enjoying our new eating habits. I have lost 6lbs since the beginning of the year...10 more before May!

Next weekend I am going to Nashville with my mom and sisters. For their birthdays this past year (2009) I got them the trip...I am going to cover the hotel and a nice dinner on Saturday night for us. I thought it would be fun for us to all get away since we never get to hang out just the girls. I am going to be gone both the week before and the week after for work....sort of sucks. Now that I live with Craig I hate being out of town for that long and I especially hate it on the weekends. I know I am being a baby and I know that when we lived apart I would have loved to only be away for 12 days...it is all just what you get used to I guess.

Oh, and I couldn't post this on FB because the gals here are on there but I could never replace my Atlanta girls :-) It is fun to finally have people here that I can do stuff with that is just girly stuff. They are too funny...it is a Wednesday night and they brought those little plastic wine bottles (the ones that come like 4 to a pack at the grocery) into the theatre to drink during the movie......crazy gals...not sure I would ever be able to keep up but they don't seem to mind.

So, random thought and then I will be done since I know some people lose interest by the bottom. There is a half marathon here in Sept around the Air Force base. I am thinking about doing it but sort of was thinking about walking it....much easier to train for and much easier on your body...would anyone else be up for the challenge and a little visit to Ohio? It is gorgeous here in the fall because they have far less evergreens than we do in Atlanta. You do have to put up with Ohio State fans though. Thought it might be fun if I had someone to do it with because it wouldn't seem as much like work :-)

2 comments:

Drena said...

wow, drinking on a school night...they sure do make your ATL friends seem like duds! :)

Mel said...

Um, Erin and I had wine on a Tuesday last week and I seem to remember a couple of adult beverages consumed with you last Wednesday :-)

These girls do remind me of when we were about 22...I definitely haven't had some of the weekend stories that they have in about 6 years :-) I must be a dud too because I hate being hungover so not much drinking for me, but it is still fun to go out.