Friday, February 26, 2010

Random Thoughts....

Have you ever thought about how busy is a relative term? I have heard myself tell a lot of people lately that I have been crazy busy, but what does that really mean? You hear everyone say it. SAHM say they are really busy with kids, working people are busy with work, working moms are busy with work and kids, students are busy with school, and it goes on and on....are we all just over stressed, overworked (at a paying job or at home) or do we just all think we are? I know I feel like I am sometimes...or do I just get so wrapped up in what I am doing that I neglect things that I don't really want to do but do when I have free time for lack of something else to do. I think I am one of those people who has a hard time just "being", I always feel like I need to do something. Just curious what you guys thought.

Why in the world do I periodically crave Taco Bell (or Wafflehouse)? I usually feel like shit afterwards but it will not stop me from getting it. I read in a book once that when we were more like cavemen that people would get sick if they ate something they were not supposed to because it was supposed to remind them the next time they saw it that they shouldn't eat it. Over time our minds would rationalize (maybe that was just a bad whatever or maybe I didn't cook it right or etc, etc) and we lost it. It sort of reminds me of my Taco Bell cravings (or sugar for that matter).

Does anyone know what it means when you have high levels of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone? I have had this on my last two physicals (two years apart) and have no idea what it even means. I am assuming it is not a big deal or they would say something like "you need to seek medical attention immediately" but I definitely need to do some research to see if this is a big deal or not. Good news on the physical is that I don't have diabetes or pre-diabetes (not that I was really worried about it but both my parents have it so I just like to hear it).

Finally, posts like this are what happens when it is 4 days from March and they are predicting 3 inches of snow tonight.....PLEASE GO AWAY snow!! It is so freakin cold outside and I am getting stir crazy. The average highs this time of year here are in the 50s....even Craig is sick of it....

Guess I will settle in with some yarn and crochet this weekend....

No comments: