Saturday, March 13, 2010

30:20

That was my time at my 5K today. I was pretty proud of that time since I am pretty sure that the last time I ran outside was in 2008 at the Peachtree and I even walked most of that. I guess the spin classes have been paying off after all. I ran the whole time minus up one hill and it actually didn't feel that hard. I think that I just get bored on the treadmill...I need to work on a better mix to listen to when I run.

My friend Ali did it in 26:15 so I have a bit of training to do until I can run as fast as she can but I think that I can do it. She plays soccer so I am not sure how much actually running she will do but she can still run fast.

Overall I was pretty proud!

3 comments:

Zane Hollingsworth said...

way to go!!! I'm doing good on the treadmill, but outside is a different world.

m said...

Great job, Melissa! I do not know how you do the treadmill. May have to give me some advice so I don't just stop when it gets cold.

Mel said...

Thanks guys!

Meghan - no advice, the treadmill sucks. I try to go when there is something I want to watch on TV (the hotel and my gym both have tvs where you plug in your own headphones) but other than that is just all around sucks. I just didn't let myself make up any excuses and since I didn't get home before dark the last two weeks, I had to suck it up and just do it. But, on the flip side, running outside was so much easier so at least that was a pleasant surprise!