Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Feeling Good....

I have been trying to continue to eat healthy while on the road. I have also kept up the vegetarian on the road deal (which is no small feat since I am on day 9 of being gone and I like meat). I actually don't miss it as much as I thought I would and other than the weird looks I get when I order salads or pastas without chicken, I really do like that it makes me eat healthier in general.

This is going to sound sort of weird, I am not sure it will come off right but you guys are all close friends so I will say it anyway. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I am starting to actually feel comfortable in my skin. I think that for as long as I can remember I have always wanted to change this or that about how I looked. Maybe it is just part of being a girl/woman, maybe I was unhappy or maybe I just felt like I was judged by how I looked all the time, whatever it was, there was always something I wanted to be different. Now, I can actually look in the mirror and there are certain things about myself that I LIKE. I seem to be able to focus on those things rather than the things that I don't like (my stomach). I think that this is sort of a big step in some way. I still want to lose some weight and I still feel like I should but now I feel more like I am enjoying being healthy and less like I am on a diet. I think that I want to continue to eat healthier than I even am now and I associate the good feeling with all of that. Maybe the running/spinning is helping too because I am starting to see small changes in my body. This is also the first time in a long time that I have regularly worked out and really stuck with it (the last time I can remember was in 2001 when I trained for my first marathon). I like the small changes and it makes me want to continue them or even step it up a notch and see what other changes I could see.

So, what do you guys like about yourselves?

2 comments:

Drena said...

That's good! Congrats!

I like my hair on my head. (not the ones that grow from my chin, upper lip, on my legs, and pretty much all over my body)

I like my lips too.

m said...

Go Melissa!

I agree in that when I am strong and in shape I definitely feel more comfortable with me. Right now I feel pretty strong and that is nice. Cannot wait for the weather to improve and start running again. I know it will not be much at the beginning, but it will feel good to get better.