Friday, November 20, 2009

Making friends.....

Is making friends in a new town a little like being 35 and single but desperately wanting to be married? I sort of feel that way. I think that I have told you guys about the girl that Craig is friends with that just acts weird toward me and that I have tried to be friends with but she just isn't interested....which upset me but whatever. He really doesn't hang out with her anymore since I am here because he didn't like me being upset. Well, now he has another girl that he plays soccer with and has for a long time, that I am going to try to hang out with. It is just so sad. I feel so desperate. But, on Tuesday at soccer she told him that she joined a gym near our house and wanted someone to workout with. She wanted to try the spin classes and the pilates classes but not by herself. Craig told her that I go to spin all the time and when he got home he gave me her number. I was going to a class the next night so I texted her and we were all set to go together. Then she used UA in her text and I got confused....turns out there are two gyms right across the street and she goes to the other one...ugh. But, I texted her back and asked if she wanted to get a drink sometime and she said yeah...what about that night. I wasn't really prepared for that and hadn't taken a shower and was about to go to the gym so I asked what other days she had free. We are set up to grab a drink on Monday night. That sounds promising. The other girl I asked to have a drink with me (Craig's other friend) said that sounded good and she would let me know when she had a free night (that was 4 weeks ago) so this is much more promising. I have met her before because she used to be married (husband cheated with her best friend I think) and we went to her house for the Superbowl one year. She is also from Wisconsin and a huge Green Bay fan and goes to the Crew (soccer) games that we go to. Sounds promising. Craig saw her again last night at soccer and she was saying that she didn't have many friends here anymore cause they moved (well, and the one was sleeping with her husband) and her closest friend was moving now or just moved. So, we will see how Monday goes. I just feel like it is like dating....It is hard too because I think that boys are just different and he doesn't understand my need for girl friends. I guess that girls get stuff from girl friends that guys don't need to get from their guy friends.

The DG girl that I had drinks with that one time is in school but I think that she is done with finals now so hopefully she will be able to make it out in the next couple weeks or so and I even talked her into playing kickball in the spring (which will be a good way to meet lots of people) but then I couldn't find a team here. I could probably start it up but that seems like a ton of work. I swear I saw something last spring so I am going to have to search a little more.

Anyway, making friends at 30 just seems like dating.....don't you think?

Super nervous about the photography this weekend and hoping that it goes well. I have a 10 month old, 6 month old and then one family with a 12yr old, 8 yr old, and 2yr old. All boys....YIKES!!

In other news....Craig agreed that we can get Ariyana for the day one day over the xmas break. I am so excited and sort of surprised that he would agree to take on a 2 yr old that he is not even related to in any way (not even by marriage). I don't know many guys that would do that but I think that he secretly thinks that she is the cutest thing ever!! We are thinking about taking her to the children's museum or the aquarium or something. Should be an interesting day :-)

2 comments:

Zane Hollingsworth said...

Kim and one of her former coworkers have set up a "bro-mance" for the friend's husband and I. They shove us together in a room and we just stare at each other. We say stupid stuff like, "I like baseball. Do you like baseball?" Luckily we discovered we both are sorta nerdy and like video games so now we can talk geek to each other and annoy Kim and Karin. It is kinda like dating or some sorta tryout or something. Good luck.

Drena said...

maybe we could meet you guys at the children's museum or wherever you go!!! :)