Monday, November 16, 2009

Whirlwind Week....

Whew...last week was a long but fun week...it just seemed like the beginning and the end were two different weeks. I am happy to be home but I had a blast in Atlanta last week!! I got to see lots of people and UGA won!! Go DAWGS!! I went out with Chad Friday night and was tipsy after 3 beers, then met my sister on Saturday morning for a long breakfast and chat and then headed to the game. It was fun tailgating and getting to sit with Erin and Dave at the game. I don't get to see them as much as I used to so it was fun to hang out for a few hours at the game! Dave's light up mug was definitely a hit. Unfortunately we had to sit in traffic FOREVER to get home. Dudley didn't drop me off until 2:15am!! UGH.

Since Sprout has received his/her gift, I can now post a pic I am not trying to brag, but this was my first quilt and I was pretty proud of myself. I found a book that I LOVE. It has real projects in it...not granny stuff. I made so coasters from the book too. I bought another book recently that I liked for quilting too and see a couple more on amazon that I might like to pick up :-)

Other than that, the exciting news in our house is that we got a new hot water heater and water softener today! I know, big news. The water here is so hard that it is ridiculous..your skin feels awful afterward and my hands are killing me after washing my hands during cooking dinner. Now, I took a shower tonight and didn't have to apply a bottle of lotion and my hands are not all dried out from washing them during cooking. It is wonderful. Craig has spent the evening cleaning out all of our faucets because they were so clogged by the deposits from the water...yuck!

In the photography world, I actually got a call for a two new clients over the weekend. One is a completely new client, not even sure how they got my name yet but I am going to assume my google ads. The other is actually related to some clients I had in Atlanta. I am going to do two, maybe three sessions this weekend :-) I am excited. I am done with my Atlanta clients other than three so it is really time to build it up here. I figure that the winter will be slow because it will be so cold so I am excited to at least get a few in and to get some extra spending money.

I am starting to get ready for xmas. I pulled out some lights tonight to ask Craig when we can hang them up...unfortunately we have no plug in the front of the house so we have to figure that out. Next up this weekend is figuring out the advent calendars. I got one for Ariyana and one for us. My idea for Craig and I is to have us either pick odd or even and put little gifts in there for the other to open and we will take turns. It is dorky but a friend of mine did it with her husband and I thought it was a really cute idea. Craig didn't seem totally opposed but not super thrilled either. Anyone have any ideas what I can put in there for him?? The one for Ariyana I am going to fill this weekend and mail it to her. I asked for some suggestions on facebook but if you have any and didn't post them there, post them here. She is 2 and I got suggestions of stickers, bouncy balls, candy and raisins. I think that those are all good options. The boxes are only 2inx1.75inx1.75 in so they are really small.

4 comments:

Drena said...

He can be odd days on the advent calendar and on the 25th he can put a diamond for you!!! :0)

Meredith said...

Sprout and parents LOVE the quilt!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt! You are so crafty!! Amazing! Terah

Mel said...

@ Mere- glad that you liked it!

@Terah - I will have to think of something crafty for your next little one!