Monday, November 9, 2009

On the road again....

Whew, these posts are getting fewer and farther between. I guess that I don't have much exciting going on in my life lately...I am sure you are all on the edge of your seat to hear about my weekend of crafting, raking, and shopping for hot water heaters, but I will spare you the details.

I am back on the road...though only for a week and I think that this is the last time I will have to travel this year other than the week I will be home for xmas WITH A CAR!! Craig is coming too so if anyone wants to do dinner or anything, let me know...we have 0 plans so far.

It was harder to leave this time because Craig and I have been together for 3 weeks straight...the longest since I moved and it was nice....well, better than nice, it was awesome. We got into a little routine and I got to actually spend time with him (the whole reason I moved...hello). I was able to cook dinner every night and we could snuggle up on the couch and watch TV or football or a movie. It was awesome. Then I wake up today (at 4am) and have to go get on two planes and spend tonight in a hotel alone :-( Boo! Oh, well, hopefully I am going to get some extra work done at night so I can really enjoy my Thanksgiving.

So, I was thinking of making some Christmas gifts this year....not like a popsicle stick picture frame or anything, but maybe using my sewing/crochet/knitting skills. We will see. I made something for someone who has something coming up (had to speak in code because you read this) yesterday and I was really pleased with how it turned out. I hope that she will like it too. There was just something really rewarding and fun about doing it myself and then having Craig impressed with how it turned out :-) I will post pictures as soon as the gift is given!

Other than that, the only other news is that I tried a new haircut person last Friday. I was very scared about this. With my naturally wavy hair you have to cut it just right or it doesn't lay right (yea, I know, you wouldn't know that by looking at my hair, but true). This lady cut it once while dry and then again while wet. I about had a heart attack when she started cutting long pieces out of the middle....like 12 inches long pieces, but she said she was thinning it out. I have never had that done before but I do have thick hair so I let her snip away. I was not sure how I would feel about it. We also tried side sweeping bangs...which never work well on me because of said thickness mentioned above, but I let her try it. Now, whenever I get my hair done I never judge by what it looks like when they fix it but wait until I fix it.....well, yesterday was the first time I did it myself and I have to say that I like it. It does feel really thin and I am not sure I love that part, might tell her not to do that next time....it is about to be freezing in OH, I need all the warmth I can get, but I do like the bangs....she did thin those out so they actually lay down...you guys will have to let me know what you think.

I go to Atlanta at the end of the week and lots planned.....drinks with my friend Chad, lunch with Rebecca, game with Dudley, Erin, Dave, Morgan, and hopefully Drena and Adam, breakfast with my sis for her birthday....and all that in 3 days!! YAY!

3 comments:

Drena said...

i've been thinking about homemade gifts too.

Glad you are here this week!

Mel said...

If I lived closer we could have a craft day...oh joy!!

I will see how the first one goes over first :-)

Rebecca said...

I am very excited about our lunch! This is going to be a long, crazy, and sometimes crappy week, so chips & cheese dip will be just the answer (a margarita would help too, but they frown upon having those during lunchtime on work days...) :)