Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I got it!

Well, I had to go to Atlanta today for a meeting (actually I volunteered to go because it is a topic that will affect me and I really wanted to know) and while I was there I was told that I got the Senior Manager job!! YAY! I am very excited. I think that I have a bit of a tough road ahead because the other girl that was up for it is also a manager and I am taking over her group so I will be her new boss. She was in Audit Services before I was and she was at our company before me and she is older so I am sure she feels like she should have gotten the job. My boss even addressed it with me when he told me about it and said that he would help. He would help??? This isn't the first time that he has mentioned it to me (other time was during the interview) so I have a feeling that she has said something to him. Ugh.

The part of the whole job offer that scared me a little bit is he asked me if there was ever a chance that I would move back to Atlanta. I am sure that I looked shocked (I only moved away 14 months ago). I told him that I wasn't sure because I wasn't sure my boyfriend would be up for it (we are cool and can talk personal stuff). He said he knew that might be the case and said the he didn't really feel like it was necessary and it was 2010 and all but not everyone was on the same page. He also said he liked how I came to Atlanta and that I should probably start coming twice a month (good news if anyone wants to hang out) because the face time is good for me. This has been on my mind ever since. I haven't mentioned it to Craig but will talk to him about it tonight. I feel like my head is spinning. I like my life in Ohio. I feel like I have the best of both worlds right now. I live in Ohio with Craig and I love it....we have a nice house in a nice area (best schools around) and we have room and we have no traffic and my garden and .....well, life is just EASY there. I don't feel stressed (other than work sometimes) and I like the seasons (minus winter). I don't know, the more I think about it the more I wonder if I want to move back. We talk all the time about buying a house with more land. I am about 5 seconds away from saying I want to live on a farm. I would say the one thing that would lean me toward yes is being near my family. I do miss that and even though I see them about as much as I did before, I would like my kids to see their grandparents. I don't want to go back to dealing with traffic and paying way more for a house of the same quality and all that though. It stresses me. Amazing how your view changes when you move away. Would I like to be back with all of you, of course! Do I think that Craig would be happy? Not so sure. I think that Atlanta is one of those places you have to get used to (or grow up in or at least grow up in from high school on). The other side is that if I don't say I will move back, does this mean that I am as far as I can go in my career? Maybe. Do I care about that? Maybe not. Craig and I have discussed many times whether I should stay home if we had kids and he likes the idea of it. I kind of do too. I think that by the time we have kids I will feel like I got to do the career thing and I will be ready for the mommy thing. Maybe I will want to consult or work part time or something. So, if I am going to do that then why kill myself now to move up the ranks. I LOVE my job now, despite the fact that I might complain sometimes. I would be happy doing it for a very long time. I make good money, everything else is just icing as far as moving up.

Ok, plane is landing, gotta go....can you tell my head is spinning? Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Drena said...

Congrats! Glad you got it~

Just follow your heart and hope for the best! That's all anyone can do.

m said...

Yea! So happy you got it! Just have to do what you think is right, everything will all fall in place.