Sunday, May 2, 2010

Raining on my Parade

Yesterday morning I did another 5K, that is my third for the year. All week it was beautiul here.....you know, when I have to work, but the forecast for the weekend was not great. It was supposed to rain all weekend. Yuck. On Friday I checked the forecast and it said the rain wasn't supposed to start until 10:30. Since the run was at 9, that would be perfect. Unfortunately I was woken up at 6am by thunded, lightning and rain....yuck again. It rained for the entire prerace, during race, and post race (one of the girls in our group got second in her age group so we waited for awards). After I got to my car to drive to the pub the rain stopped and it didn't rain again ALL day....perfect. UGH. The rain was so bad at the beginning of the race that I could barely see.

The good news is that I finally broke the 3o min mark. My official time was 29:45 according to the race but I was a few seconds back from the start line and not coordinated enough in the rain to get everything started and stopped on my watch so I knew my exact time. Of course of the four of us, there were two of us that finished right together and then the other two girls finished in 25:36 and 26 something. Yeah, I will never be that fast. At least it is sweet to always have someone waiting for you and cheering for you at the end :-) I think that our next one isn't until June and I can't decide what the goal should be. I have shaved off 40 seconds in 6 weeks so maybe I could shoot for 29 mins this time. I think that is pretty lofty though...not sure I will get that done.

6 more days until vacation!!!

1 comment:

Zane Hollingsworth said...

way to go on breaking 30! I can't ever judge my pace when I run outdoors.