Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow

Um, so I can't count....(it's ok because it is not like I need to be able to do math for my job as an accountant) so I really am only on 489 and not 499. I suck and I have built up the 500th post so much that it will not be as fun now but oh well. I have a fun little game for you guys to try when it finally gets here.

It is snowing today...again. On Monday I got up all ready to drive to Cinci for work that day. I needed to do some expense reports and it is easier when I have a printer and fax machine since I have to fax them in....well, when I went to get in my car I saw that it had snowed the night before. I was a little nervous but I was going to do it (Atlanta would have been shut down, Craig called it a dusting). Craig got a text from a friend that it was icy out and to be careful so I drove him to work (or I should say that he drove my car because we didn't know what the roads were like and the Z3 doesn't exactly have snow ready tires). It wasn't really that bad but I had emailed the Controller in Cinci and he said it was a mess down there any people were driving like idiots so I decided to stay home! I am glad that I did because when I was watching the Today show as working they kept reporting accidents in exactly the places I would have gone. Whew. Last night we went to bed with nothing and woke up to snow today. No ice though so that is not a big deal....it is supposed to stop. Of course they just said it was 15 degrees outside and supposed to get down to 10 tonight! I knew it was bad last night when I was supposed to meet the DG girl for drinks and she said it was too cold but she grew up here. We rescheduled for tonight but it doesn't sound like it is going to be any warmer.....

So, the advent calendar has been super fun. I didn't find too much to put in Craig's.....chapstick, cards for his camera, candy, stuff like that. He decided to go a different route and all of his have little notes in them. I was gone for the first three days that I was supposed to open so he had a little scavenger hunt for me and then it ended with Lance Armstrong's new book. It is a photo essay of his comeback year...photography and Lance together....what could be better?? After that they are little notes for massages or just other little cute things. I am proud of him for getting so creative :-)

Other than that, I really need to get on the xmas shopping train. This year my family and I (all the kiddos) drew names and set a dollar limit. It has been my goal to use sales to get as much for my person as I possibly can within the limit. It is pretty fun because I love a good deal. I have also found a new coupon place that you actually have to pay for ($10 every 8 weeks) but the girl who I found out about it from saved $98 in one trip to the grocery store so it was worth the $10 to her. They have a free month trial so I am going to try it and see if is it worth it or not. I will let you guys know if it is. Obviously there are not coupons on fresh stuff but we still need stuff like shampoo, toothpaste, pasta, cereal, crackers.....you know, other stuff that doesn't come fresh :-) Plus it would be nice to have a couple backup meals in a box when I don't feel like cooking. I will let you know.

1 comment:

Drena said...

How sweet on the Advent calendar. Ours is kinda sucking...I should have made the system where he did some too.