Saturday, December 26, 2009

Week in Review.....

I am back in Ohio and finally have internet again. The person's whose internet I was "borrowing" moved so we didn't have any all week. So, here is my week in review:

Friday: Pointless to go to the meeting. Didn't find out any new information but did luck out in that it didn't pour on me on the way from Marta to my condo. Oh, but did forget to take my house key off of the car key ring that Craig had in Ohio so I had to call Drena and Adam ended up bringing me my spare that they had (thanks guys).

Saturday: Craig wasn't able to get it all together to make it down to Atlanta so he decided to wait until Sunday so I walked to Atlantic Station for some shopping and then Drena and Adam picked me up to take me to the Christmas party and dinner (thanks again). I ended up losing the spare key that night somehow but luckily I didn't lock the top and you can just push open the bottom (sad, I know. I have since made 5 copies of the key. 1 to replace Drena's, a new one for Morgan or Dudley (Morgan's sticks so we will see), one for each of my sisters and one for my desk at work).

Sunday: Had lunch with Carrie, Morgan, and Dudley. It was fun to have a little girl time :-) Craig showed up around 5 and then we had dinner with Morgan and William and watched the Packers game.

Monday: Up and at them to pick up Ariyana from daycare to take her to the children's museum. I was a little disappointed by the museum. It was just chaos and kids and toys everywhere. They did appear to have "stations" but nothing was where it was supposed to be so it was a bit confusing. There was also nothing "museum" about it. I thought it would be more like SciTrek but for kids but instead it was things like sand, painting, plastic grocery shopping, a couple golf holes and some huge contraption that you put plastic balls in that went through tubes (that part was cool). Ariyana didn't have a nap that day because she didn't sleep in the car and she was a little overwhelmed when we got to the museum. She did warm up but after an hour and a half we left. We took her back to my place and tried to get some pics for my sister...that was a challenge. Then Drena, Adam, and Oliver came to get pictures and of course Ariyana wanted a turn...figures. Oh well. We were going to grab dinner with Drena and Adam but Ariyana had been a bit whiney and Craig suggested that we just feed her and let her get home to go to bed. I am so glad that he did because by the time they left she had a complete meltdown and when we got her in the car she was asleep before we were out of my parking garage. When we got to my sister's house she said she had never seen Ariyana so tired..HA!!

Tuesday: Day 2 of Ariyana, this time the aquarium. We decided to let her sleep this time and then get her after her nap. It worked a bit better but she loved to run around the aquarium. the cutest thing was that she really didn't say "craig" but it sounded more like "deg or something....I never could pick it out but she LOVED him. She wanted to play with him all the time and when he would walk away to look at something or when she wanted to show him something she would yell for him but he didn't hear his name and isn't used to her voice so he wouldn't know it. She would just yell it over and over and over....it was so cute. After the aquarium I did manage to get some shots of her by bribing her with candy and then too her home.

Wednesday: I had two doc appts that day (we get a free physical every two years at work and there was a doc I didn't switch to OH yet). After that we sort of just laid around for a while and then went to get Ariyana's gift. After that we went to Erin and Dave's for dinner. It was really fun. We got there in time to see some cute, clean little twins running around. Those girls are ADORABLE!!! After they went to bed we had a yummy dinner and some adult time. It was really fun to hang out...thanks Erin and Dave :-)

Thursday: Couple runs to Target, LAZY :-) Worked on Craig's t-shirt quilt. The top is almost done so just have to get the edge done and then the back.

Christmas: YIKES! We got up at 7, went to Alyson's for breakfast and to watch Ariyana open her presents, then to my dad's for more family time and presents, then to my mom's for even more family time and presents, then home (at 11pm). It was so good to see everyone and to spend time with them but I was exhausted by the end of it all.

Today we drove back to Ohio :-) I am happy to be home and ready to get back on a schedule and stop eating so many treats but I had a great time in Atlanta and was so glad that I was able to see as many of my friends as I did. I will have some pictures to post coming up soon. I think that little miss ariyana might become a little photographer herself. She stole my point and shoot camera and took about 100 pictures with it on Christmas. Craig and I are going to try to figure out something cute to do with them all.

Hope everyone had a great holiday!!

No comments: