Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thankful...

Yeah, I know it is extremely late but I have been busy so I didn't get a chance to post. I thought about it a lot but just never got around to writing it down. I think that the things I am thankful for can be summed up in 3 very cliche and very cheesy words but they are so true.
1. Family
2. Friends
3. Health

I am thankful for my family because we are close. I know that if I need anything I can call a family member and they will drop everything to help me out. I would also do the same for any of them. There are so many people who fight with their families or dread having to go see them or for whatever reason just don't get along with them. I am very grateful that even though I might have gone through some of those phases with my sisters when we were growing up and learning who we were, we no longer deal with any of that. I am thankful for my niece who I love dearly and for my nephew (just found out today that Alyson is having a boy) that is yet to come. I can't imagine how I will be able to love the new baby as much as I do Ariyana but I know that my heart will grow to make room for him.

I have written a few posts about how I am having a hard time making friends in Ohio, but I think that part of the problem is that my old friends are so hard to replace (not that I am trying to). I really am lucky to have such wonderful friends. They will listen to me complain (or read about it or both), or they will share happy memories (I have been in several of their weddings). I am fortunate that I have never had a friend who did anything to betray my trust or hurt me. Even though I am 500 miles from most of them (and further from some), I still feel like we all make an effort to keep up with each other's lives and that certainly helps when I am feeling lonely.

As most of you know, the whole healthcare thing really hits home with me when caring for my Dad and his disability that he gets. There was a time when his insurance cost more than his rent did...literally. Luckily we were able to work through it and now have a bit of a better plan for him but I can't imagine the stress that I would have to go through had we not been able to do that. I feel for all of those people who need healthcare but can't afford it (most times, like my dad, through no fault of their own). I am so thankful that I do not have to deal with that. I am also thankful for my own health and I know that I am lucky, but when I think of the part I am thankful about, it really gets back to being able to have the means to help my dad to get what he needs.

Anyway, I had a great Thanksgiving that involved a lot of cooking for me, some football watching, and some crafting. We didn't go anywhere but it was a nice cozy Thanksgiving at home. I hope that all of you enjoyed it as well!

One more post until 500....for real this time....

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

When is 500 coming? The suspense is killing me! :)