Monday, April 21, 2008

First One

Ok, ladies, we said we were going to do this so here is my first post on my regular, everyday blog. I am sure that I will not have much that is too exciting to post, but maybe I can entertain every now and again.

Today was quite a long day today....my first session was at 9:30 this morning up near where Drena lives and my last session was at 5pm. Two pregnancies, a semi-newborn and a 6 month old. The first pregnancy was a lady who was supposed to be on bedrest. She had the same preterm labor problem that Erin had so she was in the hospital for 6 weeks but now she is at home but supposed to rest so I went to her. She had some good ideas so it was fun. The two babies were cute as always...the semi-newborn was so well behaved that the shoot only took about 15 minutes....she was awesome...of course she had a total meltdown after we were done while she was waiting on her mom to fill out the contract. The 6 month old was one that I have done since she was a newborn. Her mom is always trying to get her to smile and I feel like we did everything that we could today to get her to smile but she didn't really want to :-( She was still adorable and she had beautiful blue eyes!! I know moms like their babies to smile but I like the normal faces they make just as much if not more sometimes....

The last shoot was quite an experience. First let me say that the people were very nice it was just a funny situation. I went to answer the door and I expected to see mom (pregnant), dad and little sis and I almost got ready to shut the door but then another person was coming and another and another....ummm...did they know I live in a 700 square foot condo and the "studio" is in my living room? There were 5 adults and a 15 month old in my place as I was trying to do the shoot....imagine the fun! The 15 month old got mad cause she was hungry and she was screaming as we were trying to do the shoot....she was supercute though so I wish she had been calm enough for me to take her picture. She did sit with her mom for a little while and it was cute if I asked her where her little brother was she would touch her mom's tummy so I got a couple shots of that but none of her truly kissing the belly though we did get some of it looking like she was kissing it.

Other than all the fun photography stuff I packed for Albany and went to visit Ella and Emma for a little while...had to get my fill before I left for a week. They are so cute. I looked up the weather in Albany and it supposed to be lows in the 40s and highs in the 70s so hopefully it will be nice enough and I might even run outside (where to I don't know). I know the gym there doesn't have weights so I packed the ones that Morgan and Jen gave me last year for xmas that you put water in to make them heavy....now, everyone's job is to make sure I use them all week :-)

We took Craig's dog to a pet cemetery..he weighed as much as I did for goodness sake, and tomorrow is when they bury him :-( Sad! I wish I could be there for Craig...it makes it hard to be away, but I guess a phone call will have to do....

I hope you can all blog cause I leave work in Albany at 5 and am at my hotel by 5:10 and bored. I have pictures to edit but I always need a break from that!!

Random thought of the day....have you ever had the lady (or gentleman) checking you out at the grocery answer their cell phone while checking you out...I had never had this happen until the other day when I was getting supplies for the shower....she apologized several times and said she was having work done on her house and had to answer...the funny part was that she was to the part where all she had to do was tear off the receipt but she didn't do that while on the phone so I was just staring at her while she discussed her house project...just wondering if this happens to anyone else :-)

Ok, finshed my first one...told you it wouldn't be entertaining, but maybe something fun will happen in Albany!

2 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Nice Post! Can't wait to start reading everyone's blogs. I bet you'll have a lot to write about with your photo shoots, traveling, etc. I always had at least one interesting thing happen to me in the airport or on the plane when I traveled for bidness!

m said...

nice post. Will try to get on it this afternoon. Still no title....