Thursday, April 24, 2008

My niece....


Is so funny...I was trying to process an order today and had some I was going to order for my sister....check out this picture of my niece and yes, she is sucking her big toe just like she does her thumb...she looks like she got caught doesn't she :-)

Today I went to the soccer fields/softball fields and walked around them all..it is this huge park that they have here and that makes 3 days this week that I worked out..that is awesome for me when traveling but I am trying to be better about it. I don't know how many of you played softball when you were younger, but my sisters and I did and I loved it. I sucked mostly but oh well, I had a good time. Today when I was walking around I got sort of nostalgic, I had to add a lap around one of the fields and I saw the concession stand and it reminded me of how my dad used to coach us and he would be trying to talk to other parents after the game and we would bug the crap out of him to give us $.50 so we could get some candy at the concession stand....they still smell the same today..sort of a mix of ring pops, bubble gum, popcorn and those dipping stixs things....remember those...I pure sugar stick to dip in powdered sugar, wonder what the moms of today would say about that. Some kids don't get any sugar today (which I sort of agree with), yet we were dipping sugar in sugar...amazing how times have changed. I miss playing organized sports I realized...it was always fun to hang out with your friends a couple times a week and in high school when I played basketball (which I also sucked at) I was in the best shape of my life. I like having something organized to go to and exercise...maybe once all the kiddies get a little older we could all be on a team together and they can beg us for $1 for the candy (darn inflation).....

3 comments:

m said...

She is so cute! Sounds like things are going good in Albany.

Carrie Davis said...

She is adorable!! I can't wait until Charlotte discovers her feet!

Terri said...

sweet... that's a great picture, Mel! Great job on working out three times this week! Besides all the loving I did at the begginning of the week, I've done absolutely nothing and feel like a complete fat ass. Have you thought about joining a softball team in ATL?