Monday, April 21, 2008

Random traveling thoughts.....

If I have anything good happens later I will be back, but here are my random traveling thoughts for the day.....

WHY does the rental car company park the cards so close that it requires me to lift my suitcase and do acrobatics to get my suitcase in the trunk??? If you want to park cars that close then do it nose to nose so I can still get to the trunk...I don't know how a fat person gets their suitcase in their trunk at the Albany airport Avis...I literally had about 6 inches of space and had to hold my suitcase in the air to get it in the trunk....good thing I brought the medium sized one and didn't have the one I had last time that got the "heavy" tag by Delta....at times like this I really miss traveling with the boys, they used to do all that for me!

WHY do people in the airport walk in the airport traffic four people across but meander everywhere so you cannot possibly get around them without veering into oncoming traffic? Also, why do they stop suddenly without warning? Sometimes I want to just run into them...that is how it would happen any other time you were in traffic....if you were on the road in a car and you stopped dead you would get hit...if you were on a bike you would get hit, shoot, even if you were running in a race the chances are pretty good that someone would step on the back of your shoe. I feel like there should be consequences (I apologize if you are one of these people that meanders and stops dead).

Final note...if you are waiting in the medallion line at security and the security workers tell you it will be faster to go into the T-gate line they are lying!!! LIES, LIES, LIES!! It was not faster at all, luckily I got to the airport in plenty of time so it didn't matter, but when are they going to open those new security lines? If none of you have been to the Atlanta airport between 7:30-9 on a Monday morning you should definitley go....bring a latte and watch all the business men (and women), all of whom are used to being very important, stuck with hundreds of other people who are used to being really important ....it is hilarious. I actually had a dude a couple people back break ranks today to ask the guy in front of me what kind of bag he had...is that was guys do these days?? It didn't look to be a special bag to me....rusty brown leather and it looked sort of old, but apparently that dude wanted one just like it....I wonder why he didn't ask me about my pretty blue computer bag? Oh yeah, cause it wasn't black or brown and those are the only colors any important person at the airport on Monday morning would be carrying :-) I like being different so it is fine by me, plus my pattern is retired so he wouldn't be able to get it anyway, so HA!

Truthfully, I had a good flight and it is beautiful here in Albany, so much so that I have the window in my office open...I sure whsh I had brought some open toed shoes...oh well....

1 comment:

m said...

Sounds like you had a good time traveling. At least no one threw up on the plane. Like the new look!