Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Oh my neck....

Ok, this whole neck thing is getting old....I have done everything I could think of and still it bothers me. Yesterday and today it has been especially sore..was it because I took a 15 mile bike ride, or the 3 hours in the garden or did I sleep on it funny again? Who knows but this is getting old....fast. Today I tried the 3 advil at a time (Dr. Erin said I could take up to 4) and tried the heating pad. It seems to have helped a little bit. So, I am going to keep that up for tonight and see how I am doing in the morning. I have held off on exercise for the last couple of days but I think that I am going to have to hit the gym again tomorrow.

Not much else going on here. The weather was so cool today that I had the windows open and no air on....they say that it is unseasonably cool here but I like it. I am so glad that the week is almost over and am looking forward to a long weekend. I am looking forward to being home for the second weekend in a row with nothing to do really...it should be nice. And, the Tour de France starts this weekend!! YAY, I am super excited (I know that none of you probably watch it but it is awesome). You know I love me some Lance and the whole teamwork and other aspects of the race just really amaze me. Craig watches it too so I am sure we will be those dorks for the next 3-4 weeks :-)

In other news...I finally gave up on the nails. Today I had the acrylic taken off (which was sort of painful) and got a regular manicure. The lady told me that my nails looked really good considering I had the acrylic on there for 3 years. Hopefully they will hold up. The whole reason I even got the acrylic to begin with was because my nails always broke and it was painful. We will see. It feels so weird right now. The tops of my nails are super sensitive and I don't have any nail that goes past my finger so I feel everything with my finger now that used to be blocked by my nails. It also makes it harder to text :-p

Anyway, nothing exciting here!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Have you thought about going to get a massage? I tend to get really sort in the same spot near my shoulder blade sometimes, and I know that when I get a massage, it helps. It's not a permanent fix, but it might get you some temporary relief. Just a thought! Plus it feels awesome anyway!

Mollypants said...

I don't know if someone already suggested it, but buy a new pillow and make sure you're sitting ergonomically correct at work. My neck was killing me for about 6 weeks and I bought a footstool for work (I have to sit with the chair all the way up so I don't have to raise my arms above parallel, so my feet dangle) and changed to a new pillow that supported it. Don't know what happened, but something worked!