Monday, September 21, 2009

Beach Weekend Minus the Beach

Ha, a few of us got together for a girls' weekend this past weekend at the beach. Um, we never really saw the beach. We did get a peak at it one night when we attempted to eat on the water but that was about it.

We had a really good time while we were there doing nothing at all! We laid around, ate, and talked. I think that the moms especially had a nice break (I was the only one without kids that was there) and even though I don't have kids, I do feel like I have been running around a lot on the weekends with all the travel during the week so it was nice to just enjoy my time with no agenda.

I am in a very different place in my life being single and no kiddos, but it was so great to get together with my friends who do have a lot more responsibility and be able to talk to them without them having to worry that they needed to get home from dinner to relieve a babysitter or their husband. It felt like really good quality time :-) I learned a lot about how theirs lives have changed since having children. I am sure that they see this everyday, but for an outside person peaking in, I think you see it a lot more. Plus, I got to hear about what the little kiddos were up to which is always fun and I enjoyed hearing them talk about their kids and seeing their faces light up when they did so. I have often talked about how much I love Ariyana and how I would do anything for her...I can only guess that what I feel is a fraction of what they do.

Some of you were not able to make it and you were missed! I think that all of us agreed that we should do it again next year so hopefully all of you will make the next one.

When I got home I came home to an almost different house. We had to switch two of the rooms and disassemble the exercise machine/gym. Well, Craig did all of that while I was gone!! YAY! Now I have to just move my stuff. Unfortunately I am going to be in Atlanta Tues-Fri but I will have to start the moving when I get back. It was raining when I got home so Craig and I just cuddled on the couch and watched a movie. I had a thousand things that I should have done last night but that seemed like the best of the options. I can work on the rest tonight or next weekend :-)

1 comment:

Drena said...

It was a really awesome weekend. Glad you cuddled...taking time out for our loved ones instead of doing chores....sounds like a familiar theme from the weekend. Glad you started out on the right foot!