Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's sMarta

Yeah right. Whew, today was quite the travel day. I honestly didn't want to come to Atlanta this time. Not because I don't like being here (and I have something planned with a friend each of the three nights I am here) but because I wanted to stay home and cuddle with Craig (I think he missed me last week so he has been extra affectionate) and because all I heard about here was RAIN, RAIN, RAIN. I have no car and have to walk a block to marta...doesn't sound like much but there is no way to stay dry while doing it so I was not looking forward to that.

Thankfully, there were other plans in motion for today. I got a call at 5:15am (30 mins before the alarm was going to go off) and it was Delta saying that my 8am flight was delayed until 9:55am. Sweet, I crawled back into bed. Flight was ok, minus the delay..I got upgraded. Then I got on Marta and after two speeches (1 from a guy talking about alkaline water and how good it was for you and that he does choreography and the other from a homeless guy who gets his first paycheck on Friday and needed $9) they stopped the train at the Civic Center station and said there was an emergency ahead and she didn't know how long the delay would be. After 10 mins they told us to get off the train, no other explanation. Then another train (Doraville) came and said they would take us to Midtown and then we had to get on a bus to go to Lindbergh and then we could go north cause the emergency was at Art Center. By the time I did all that I would not have gotten to work until 2pm so I just worked from home once I got to Midtown...quite a day though. At least it was sunny out..hopefully to dry it all out.

4 posts until 500!!

No comments: