Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bittersweet

That is what the move feels like in the photography arena of my life. I am happy in Ohio and I love being so close to Craig but leaving my photography business behind was hard. I have been doing the remaining sessions to finish up the clients that I have and get ready to move all of my studio stuff permanently to OH after Christmas. Well, today I sent out my email that I do every year for my holiday sessions for holiday cards and as I get the emails back in I realize how much I miss my clients. I watched them grow up from the time they were in their mommy's bellies until they were 1 (and some them past that) and now I don't know what they are up to anymore. One of the mom's said she was going to send me an update on what was going on in her little one's life and I really feel like they are my friends. I know it might sound silly but I am the one who captured all the professional (depending on how you see it because sometimes I can't call myself a professional) photos of them in their first year. I knew when they could sit and stand and walk and I started all of it with only one client that I actually knew...the rest grew from word of mouth.

I am still struggling in trying to figure out how I am going to do the photography thing here. I did that one session a couple weeks ago and the mom loved the photos. She ordered about one of everything and said she was going to place another order so that is good. I did it at her house though, and will now have to travel around to people to do them until I figure out where to set up my "studio". I am hoping that she will refer me to a few people but I guess only time will tell. I know that having a holiday shoot here would be a good way to get people in the door (and then I could let the pics speak for themselves and they would either like them or not) but I am not sure how to do that exactly yet (how to advertise when I don't really know anyone)....back to the brainstorming board on that one :-)

Anyway, I am just a little sad today with missing my clients and trying to think about how to start here.....sorry for the Debbie Downer post!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Not Debbie Downer at all...just the truth. And of course you're a professional! You're work is great and you care about your clients and the product that you create for them! You'll get it going again in Ohio and will have even more clients there! You'll just have to start networking!!!