Monday, October 5, 2009

Loser

Yeah, so I THOUGHT I was getting close to my 500th post until I realized that I have a bunch that are just drafts and if you really look at the published posts then I only have about 474 or so...that sucks. So, even though I posted that the last one was 499, it really wasn't. I am sort of glad because I had a cool contest to do for my 500th post but I just haven't been able to get it together yet so I have avoided posting at all. Now I can post and THEN get my contest together. I am sure that no one is really paying that close of attention but I feel like I started talking about the 500th post like 20 posts ago and for that I am a loser.

So, couple things from the weekend. I felt loved and then dissed on Saturday. First the love came when not one, but two people called me from Athens to tell me that it was just weird without me being there...grant it, both of these people might have been intoxicated but it was still a nice feeling to feel like I was missed.

Then the diss...she didn't do it on purpose but I totally got stood up. You remember the girl that I had drink with a while back...the DG. Well, Saturday was her birthday and we have tried a couple more times to have drinks but she is in school and I am out of town A LOT so we just never can get together. She sent me a text that morning that she was going to celebrate at a local bar on Saturday night. I am not normally the type to just show up at bars alone but since I have 0 friends (and was missing my Atlanta ones even more after the calls (but thanks :-) it was worth it) I decided I would go. The only catch was that we had a soccer game that night in Columbus so I wouldn't be back until 11pm. I texted her back and she said they would be out late (and she is only 24 so that actually means late, and not home by midnight). Well, when we got back Craig was in a foul mood so I was just ready to go and I didn't check with her first. Got to the bar and couldn't find her. Went to another bar nearby, couldn't find her there either. It was all kind of weird because I didn't know why she would invite me if she didn't want me to come (and she had texted me several times that day with "go bulldogs" and "do you want to know the score" and stuff). I tried calling her and texting her but nothing. I considered having a beer alone but then I remembered that it was late (midnight by now), I already had a boyfriend and I already had beer in the fridge at home and the second half of the UGA game to watch. So I left. I went home, grabbed a beer, was a little sad I didn't get to meet anyone new and watch the CRAPPIEST refs ever...I mean the UGA game. The next morning I got a text from her saying "so sorry, I was really drunk and have no idea when we left" Ah, to be 24 again :-) The good news is that at least she makes an effort, is super nice, and I had a good time with her the one time we hung out...maybe I will make a friend yet.

Other than that, we had a pretty eventful Saturday...we removed two couches and a chair and lots of really hideous sweaters that Craig had...I believe one even had sparkles....it was scary and I wish I had taken a picture of them before we gave them away. It was sweet though because he was making me closet space (plus he literally hasn't worn those sweaters in two decades...). We took a bunch of stuff to Goodwill (and I had to rent a truck since we had the couches) and then we had to take the rest to the dump, after that it was football, then soccer, and then my uneventful night out. We mostly had all my stuff moved in....good thing cause Dudley is going to come and visit in a few weeks :-) She will be up there for Halloween and the Florida game. It will be nice to see her a little more relaxed! I had dinner with her a couple weeks ago and she has finally realized that she doesn't need 110 in every class..it is a much more fun Jenn and I told her so :-) We have a friendship like that..more like sisters...where you annoy each other sometimes and don't want to be around each other but then you forget and no matter what, you would do anything for the other.

Craig and I are going on vacation in two weeks and I am excited just to get to spend some nonstressful time with him. We are doing the Wisconsin trip and going to where he grew up, to see a friend of his, to a Packers game and other assorted fun. We are going to drive so no flight drama :-)

Other than that..not much else. Work has been busy but that is good, just frustrating sometimes and I have been a bit sick. Not sure what it is but probably all the darn germs on planes and since I can't seem to stay off of one for more than a week, it just keeps getting me sick. Vitamin C is back in the routine! I am really ready to be home for an extended period of time but don't see that happening anytime soon...that sucks.

Long post...that is what happens when I am restricted!!

1 comment:

Drena said...

yep, you're a loser...J/k...I was wondering why you weren't blogging!

Glad I called and that it didn't make you too sad! Me, inotoxicated, never!! :) Hopefully I can come play again at Auburn game!