Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wisconsin

I have a few minutes while Craig is doing gosh knows what so I thought I would catch everyone up on our trip.

Friday - We got to Milwaukee around 9:30pm and then met up with some of Craig's childhood friends who now own a pizza place there. It was sort of fun to know the owners and the place was pretty cool. They had a photographer there who photographed a lot of famous people in the 60's and it was sort of funny to meet him (he had on elf shoes...like not as a joke) and hear him talk about doing cocaine with some of the people he had photographed. I also met the one friend of Craig's for the first time, his wife, and Craig's other friend's girlfriend. They were all so nice and I wish that they lived in Dayton because they are the type of people who would actually invite me to hang out and stuff. It was a really long night though...we were on our feet from about 10pm until 3am...whew...I am not that young anymore!! Good times though.

Saturday - we went to the Milwaukee Museum of Art and took pictures...it is an awesome building and then we went back to the pizza place to actually eat. OMG, it was SO GOOD!!! I wish they had one in Dayton. They use ingredients from a local farm and have an awesome chef and it was so tasty. After that we went to the Harley Davidson Museum and then made our way up to Green Bay.

Sunday - PACKERS. We went to the game and Craig was seriously like a kid in a candy store. He doesn't get excited about much it seems, but boy was he excited about this. It was so cute.... It was also like nothing I have seen for pro football. I mean the falcons, seriously?? This was like a UGA tailgate....serious tailgating!! It was so cool. The stadium was PACKED even though they were playing one of the worst teams in the league (Lions) and our seats were awesome! When we originally got the tickets I was excited because I thought I would get to see Stafford play and even though I wanted the Packers to win, it would have been good to see Stafford do well. No such luck...he was hurt :-( He was dressed so I thought that there was a chance but then he was limping to and from the locker room and didn't get to play :-( I did watch him a bit on the sidelines and he just looked sad....especially after the second string QB got hurt and they had to put in the third string....

Monday - We went to do the Lambeau Field Tour and go to the Packers Hall of Fame. It was cool to learn all about the field and Craig loved it. We even got to go on the field and take pictures. Fun stuff and the funny thing that on our tour were two guys who were actually fans of other teams but just wanted to see the Packers stadium because the team is such a different team from other NFL teams (I mean Green Bay has a population of 102K and their stadium holds 71k.......) After that we drove up to Door County. Craig has talked a lot about Door County and how it is very much like New England...I have to agree. The leaves here are BEAUTIFUL. It is hard to capture it on camera cause I suck at it but they are just gorgeous and it is fun to ride around and just look at them.

Tuesday - More driving around Door County, seeing lighthouses, windy roads, and other things (like get some freshly picked HoneyCrisp Apples...YUM!!! (Drena, tell Adam he was right!)) We even went to a fish boil tonight...they put all this stuff in a pot and boil it and then at the end they make it boil over so all the fish oil and water go out...when they do it though there is a huge fire ball. It was awesome! I will write more about that when I have the pictures.

Tomorrow we might go and pick our own apples, hit up a winery or something.......it is supposed to rain tomorrow so that will determine what we do. It is very relaxing here. We are toward the end of the season so things are starting to close up. I could seriously retire here...the season is just May-Oct and then everyone closes up for the winter. I think that it would be awesome to own a little bed and breakfast (there are no large hotels here...20-30 room is huge here)......

I miss all the blogs but will catch up later.

2 comments:

Drena said...

Sounds like a great trip! Did you wear a cheese on your head at the game?

Yes, honey crisps are the bomb. We pay out the butt for them, but they are unbeatable.

Anonymous said...

What's the name of the pizza place? My office is just a few blocks from the Museum (3rd Ward). Maybe I ate at the pizza place before??? How crazy!
Terah