Thursday, October 29, 2009

Well, it has been a while since my whining about the crappy weather on vacation last week and guess no one had an opinion on the CSAs :-)

We ended up coming home on Saturday. It rained on and off the entire way so I know we made the right decision. I was so glad that it wasn't sunny the whole way because I would have been upset that we left early. I am one of those people who always wants the weather to be perfect on vacation so I was already a little upset. It ended up working out though because when we got home the yard was yellow and orange and at least a million leaves were on the ground. We did yardwork for hours on Sunday and we never would have gotten it all done during the week because we have had some rain. I also started my compost pile out in the garden. It is far from the house so I don't have to worry about it smelling or anything and I just keep the stuff in a bag while I cook or if I eat an apple that day and then Craig takes it out in the yard at night. Not sure how it will all go but since we had a million leaves and the dirt in the garden isn't the best, we are trying it.

Other than that and work (where I am back to doing the part of my job that I hate and have to do once a quarter) I have been filling some of the orders from the festivals my mom and I did a few weeks ago. We did really well with our stuff and now that I am caught up on all my orders (well, almost, I need to make 6 more dresses) I am going to try to get ahead for next year. We had a lot of fun doing them so I think that we will try again next year. Dudley is coming to visit this weekend so I have some cleaning to do today (actually, it is just my weekly cleaning that I do on Sunday but since she will be here before then, I need to do it early).

Not too much exciting going on....

1 comment:

Erin H. said...

Glad you're back! Sorry about the rain on vacation :( And, I think the CSA that doesn't require work would be what I would choose, but I have no desire to farm at this point. When I looked into it last year, the pick up locations all sucked, so I understand that may sway you to the other farm.