Sunday, February 13, 2011

First 5K of the season

Today Ali (still drunk I think from last night) and I ran our first 5K of the season. We are going to try again to run one every month. We did it last year with only skipping August, Sept (but we did the half) and December. Last year we started in March, this year Feb...maybe next year we will be brave enough to do it in Jan and Dec. It is just so cold! I found out today that she will run as long as it is above 20 and she said that with the right gear she even gets hot...I am not sure about that but I might have to give it a try. I did wear tights and a fleece and gloves and a headband today and got hot. Of course it was about 45 degrees but I still didn't think I would get hot in that temp. I felt really awesome during the run. It was extremely windy here today (as it is any time we have a big temp change...weird) so I think that was working against me. I am normally at least 2-3 mins behind Ali but today I was just a minute behind her. Not bad. My time was 30:08 but I think that the wind slowed me down...her time was about 2 minutes slower than normal so I can't help but wonder how I would have done without the wind. Starting in March we are going to try to do the same ones we did last year so I am going to try to beat my time. I think that I am slowly getting better at this whole running thing (finally huh!).

1 comment:

m said...

Congrats on your race! Yes, very weird the whole temp change and wind - pretty sure it is a front coming through!