Thursday, February 17, 2011

Updates

I am finally starting to see light at the end of the tunnel and I have feel like I have had a couple "wins" lately.

- The weather got into the 60s yesterday and today...and there are no 30s in the 10 day forecast. This might not seem like much but my yard has been a solid white since Dec 1st minus two days. I am ready for spring. I am ready to run outside and I feel like I can finally see the light at the end of the winter tunnel.

- I think that I have worked out a deal with C about his smoking. I won't go into any details but he does plan to quit by the end of the year and we have reached a compromise for the weekends and our trips (the times when I have to be around it and smell it). I am super excited about this!

- I got a new boss at work. SO.OUT.OF.THE.BLUE. Whatever. I like the guy so I am not really sad about it but I do have some concerns. The group that he is in and his peers don't really work with the field at all. There is a HUGE wall up between the field and corporate and a lot of my job is to help one side or the other scale that wall...now I am sort of scared that the task will become even harder. Also, his boss operates in what I call 'panic mode'. As in, she came by my office when I was in Atlanta two weeks ago and asked about something. I spent almost a full day during my busiest time getting it ready for her and overnighting it to her because she had to have it. I haven't heard a word since. Not good. I need you to acknowledge when you get something I worked hard on and don't act like something is a fire drill if it really isn't. I also found out that the other 7 people they were going to have report to me was a no-go because of the new group they put me in. I do get to replace the employee I lost (YAY) and some of the other things are still being decided. Craziness!!

- Week 4 of P90x ends for me today. I do not see a lick of difference in my body, the way my clothes fit or the scale. Grr. If I hadn't of read a lot about it online and saw that most women do not see anything until the second or third month, I would be extremely disappointed. Actually, I don't think that I would be THAT disappointed because I definitely saw a change in my running and I am undoubtedly stronger. I think that I just wish some of it would SHOW! Oh well, gonna stick with it. It does give me a bit of confidence at least.

- Our company did well this year so I am going to get a bonus...that makes all the travel and the hard work worth it. At least I am compensated well for the stuff I put up with. We are thinking about redoing our master bath...it really is a tiny bathroom but when C started doing some research it seemed like it was going to cost a lot more than I was hoping to spend...does anyone out there have any cheap hints or ideas? We are probably not going to have this be our forever house but the bathroom needs an upgrade if we want to get a good price when we do sell. We sort of tackle one project a year...I just don't want to put a TON into it when I know we will not be here long. It is also not big so we pretty much have to keep everything where it is (sink, toilet, shower) and just need to get new everything...I think that keeps it cheaper too. Any advice it appreciated :-)

Other than that, not much else...last week was terrible but that deadline has been met so on to better things!

No comments: