Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's Day

Instead of writing a post about how much my job sucks right now and how frustrated I am to be working 12hr days and how they changed their mind about a lot of the exciting things I had coming my way, I am going to write about Valentine's Day...happy day, day of love :-)

We don't really do anything major for Valentine's Day or at least it isn't a given that we will....a few years ago C did something really sweet for me and then 2 years ago he got me Chloe and I love her to pieces (and miss her right now and am really glad that cats live forever....right??). This year we have both been really stressed with work and I think that it just hasn't been great for us so I want to do something sweet even if he doesn't remember what day it is. I think that I am going to cook his favorite dinner and bake him some goodies and put together a little basket for him. I need to think of what I am going to fill the basket with though and I feel like I am at the end of my creative juices lately.

I have been keeping up with the p90x workouts. I skipped the chest one last week due to me busting it on the ice and bruising up my knee pretty good. I didn't want to spend an hour trying to do pushups on my bruised knee and I skipped Yoga on Monday because i just really don't like it. I also skipped the kenpo tonight but I am going to do it tomorrow. I wanted to run tonight. I have a 5k on Sunday (when it will hopefully be a balmy 43 as the weather predicts and not 10 like it was today). I wanted to make sure I could still run. Turns out that the p90x is helping a lot with my running so yay for that. That makes me feel good.

I started reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo a week ago. I am absolutely addicted. I had to MAKE myself go to bed at 12 last night when I wanted to read more and as soon as I finish this one thing for work I am going to go back to reading it. I LOVE IT. A lot of people have had that reaction and then other people HATE it...my friend in Phoenix said she has started it 5 times. I was also told that you had to get to page 200 and I totally agree. The first 150-200 pages (of the 564 page book) is just building up all the characters. That part was sort of difficult because it is full of Swedish names, towns, streets, etc and I wouldn't have a clue how to pronounce any of them. So, if you want to skip all the character building and start on page 200, let me know and I can fill you in over a quick phone conversation :-) There are 3 books in the series so I am pretty pumped about that. I am hoping to finish the book this week so I can watch the movie this weekend (it is in Swedish so all subtitles but have heard good reviews - even from the friend that started it 5 times).

No comments: