Thursday, July 16, 2009

Baby Names

No, I am not pregnant! I have been thinking about this post for a while and then when I found out that the girl with the office next to me is expecting again and her daughter is a month younger than Charlotte, I thought I should probably get on it before you guys have your next round of rugrats :-)

So, I figure I am probably the last of my group of friends to have kids (except maybe Dudley who doesn't want them), and when you are last you get all of the cool advice...most of which probably won't help since I am convinced that I will have a difficult baby anyway, but what you also get is slim pickings in the name department. So, I decided to put out the names that I like. I don't care if you name your next little one these names or not, but don't get mad if I pop one out with the same name...you had fair warning :-)

Girls:
Lillian (calling her Lily)
Amelia
Emily
Katherine (love kate or katie mostly)
Anna (which is sort of like my middle name Anne, which I like)

Boys:
Andrew is my favorite but that is my cousin's kid's name (the one who now lives an hour from me) so not sure he would like that and since I didn't have this blog before their son was born 6 years ago, I guess I have to deal with it.
Collin
Um yeah, that is all I have right now for boys...hope I don't have one until I figure out a name. I don't love any of our family names really and I think that I have always assumed that I would have a little girl. I am not sure how I would do with a boy..no brothers, no nephews and I have always been around a lot of girls so it would be interesting...guess I need to work on the names just in case.

Of course, I am sure that this will all change when I actually do get pregnant one day and considering the fact that Craig wanted to name my cat Lily, it will be interesting what his input will be when the time comes :-) But, these are the ones I like now.

7 comments:

Mollypants said...

I haven't had kids either, you're not the last one!

Rebecca said...

I'm not surprised you had a hard time with boy names - they are WAY harder than girl names. Josh even said the other night what if we ever decided to have a 3rd, and it was another boy (which it probably would be), what would we name him? It would be tough considering that I think we've already used up the 4 boy names (first & middle names) that we could agree on that aren't already in use by close friends or family.

Drena said...

Good ones! What is Craig's last name again?

Maybe I'll publish my list too even though I think it will probably change since Oliver wasn't on my list a few years ago. :)

Mel said...

Craig's last name is Rucks. I am sure mine will change but just in case, I wanted to stake them out. I know that a while ago I thought I would like boy names for girls but then now I like the more feminine ones so you never know :-)

Mollypants said...

Jack, Laura, Parker, Henry, Clark, Cara, Ellie and Peter are MINE. But really, there were five Mollys in my dance class when I was little, so it's not like anyone has a monopoly on them. Though I've wanted to name my son Jack or Henry for ten years before they were popular, I swear every time I turn around I meet another baby named one of those. And all but Cara are family names and Cara is one of my best friends, so I DO have a slight edge on them with family names. The only one I'd be hesitant about is Laura since it was my cousin who passed away's name - I'd give it to her sister if she wanted it, but I have a sister-in-law named Laura too, so who knows. Just don't name your son Parker - because I'm using that for a girl!
Disclaimer: Dan, I am no way, shape or form trying to tell you that I'm in a baby-mindset. Not gonna happen. Not without military discharge papers and a ring.

Mel said...

Ooohhh, I do like Parker. That was the sort of boy names I liked for girls but then now I don't know, maybe I shouldn't use up the only boy names I like on girls. Man, it is a good thing Craig doesn't know my blog's addy. He would think I was nuts!!

Meredith said...

Great names Melissa! Chris and I have a girls name picked out if Sprout is a girl... boy name... we're still working on... tough!