Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Vintage

So, remember how I talked about my vintage bike that I got? Well, on Sunday Craig completely disassembled it. I was sort of sad because I wanted to be able to show you guys a before picture of it so you could tell a difference in the before and after, but he got excited about it and did it while I was running errands. I think that it is cute when he takes on projects like this because I feel like it is his little way of showing me that he wants to do things for me and take care of me. I know it sounds silly but I think that he feels a real sense of accomplishment when he completes a task that I am impressed with (such as disassembling a bike, restoring it and putting it back together). The bike had seen better days but was in good shape considering that it is from the 70s. It needs new wheels because they are a little bent and rusted, a new paint job, also a bit rusted in some areas, a new seats and could use some new grippers on the handlebars. Not too much really in the grand scheme of things, still cheaper than buying a new bike and a lot more personality in this one anyway. When I went over there last night he has spent almost two hours sanding the old paint off (candy apple red) and a lot of the frame was down to bare metal! I go back and forth as to what color I want to paint it but right now I am thinking a really pretty color of sky blue.

In other news, I took another sewing class last night and this time I learned how to make quilt blocks with circles. I will try to take pictures of it tonight if I have time...if not then I will do it tomorrow when I am in Atlanta. I think that I might be ready to try a real quilt, and not one that is a kit. Anyone need a small lap quilt that I could practice on? If so, what colors?

My mom just emailed me and said I should be glad I didn't go to Atlanta last night because the flight from Dayton to Atlanta had to make an emergency landing in Chattanooga and bus people to Atlanta. That definitely sounds like something that would happen to me! Luckily for some of my upcoming trips I am leaving in the afternoons and getting home in the afternoons and the prices were decent in Cincy so I can fly from there, which means no connections!! YAY! I feel that connections are where it all seems to go wrong for me (not that I didn't have my share of drama before). One more flight to book and then I will hopefully be done for a while...all except that I now have to actually make the trips....

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you on my visit this week!

3 comments:

Drena said...

You should paint it pink or lime green!! That would be awesome. Or go back with bright red...seems traditional and restoring her back to her days of glory.

See you tomorrow.

Mel said...

I don't like lime green but I had initially thought of pink..didn't know if that was too girly though...what do you think? Light pink, or a darker pink? I go back and forth. I wanted something that made it look a bit girly but not too much.

m said...

I agree. Pink would be perfect!

Can't wait to see a picture!