Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

Today I am a little sad that I am not at the Peachtree Road race. For the last 9 4th of Julys that has been how I started my day! I feel like it is what you are supposed to do on the 4th...followed by a pool and then a cookout and some fireworks. Well, I guess I will have to settle for a lazy morning, watching the tour, followed by some shopping and then a soccer game with fireworks. Not bad!

Last night Craig and I went to a little festival in downtown Dayton to see some fireworks. It was nuts. I saw a lot of people that were very different from the surburban life that I have! It was interesting. We had fun though (we didn't get to look at many booths because it was so crowded so we just got food and then waited for the fireworks). The fireworks were really good. They had some cool news ones or at least ones that I haven't seen. For those of you who don't partipate in FB, on the way back from the fireworks when we were walking to the car, I felt a drip from a building awning. Huh, it hasn't rained in days. I turned to Craig and said "that better not be bird shit"....and then put my hand in my hair..oh, it was! UGH, gross. I told him and he said "are you serious?" um, YEAH! Ugh, I had to wash it out of my hair as soon as I got home. It was so disgusting.

You guys know I am obsessed with Lance Armstrong and his uncanny abilities. Well, the Tour de France starts today with an individual time trial...I am so excited and am sitting here watching it alone in my undies while Craig still sleeps (he takes the REALLY lazy approach on weekends :-)). I am a little sad that Lance is supposed to ride as a support rider for Alberto Contador (who isn't even American) because I want him to be the lead person. I sort of wonder if it will stay that way. As you might or might not know, Lance has won 7 Tours but Contador is 10 years younger and won the Tour last year. It just depends on how Contador does early on to see whether the shift can be made to Lance. Of course all the announcers want Lance to be the guy and so do I! He also has Levi Leipheimer (American) on his team and the announcers just said that Contador doesn't speak any English and thinks that the two Americans might gang up on him. I wish that Contador was on a different team because I think that it would push Lance a lot harder and I am scared he will sit back too much...then again, I am not sure he can sit back, not sure he can even think about it in the race that has defined him as a rider.

Ok, geekiness over :-) I had great aspirations of getting a ton of stuff done this weekend but it is not looking like I am going to get through it all. I meant to post this list on Thursday as a motivator but, um, that didn't happen so here it is now.

--Need to go through all the pictures I have taken of clients in the last year and pick which ones I want on my new Ohio website (I did this about 4 months ago but I need to update for some of my favs from the last 4 months and need to actually upload them to the galleries. I just tried to log in though and I can't so I need to now figure that out...ugh).

--Need to go through all my pictures from Greece to through out the bad ones and keep the good ones.
--need to make a CD for the two Jenns.

--Need to go through all my pictures from Glacier and Canada and do the same thing. Need to upload those.

--I want to make a book of my trips each year. Um, I think that I am on 2007.

--I wanted to design a book of Ariyana's first year (she is 21 months old now!!). UGH!

--I also would like to design some birth announcements, Christmas cards, and the like. Trying to get ahead.

--Need to decide and get together some ideas for how to transition this photography gig to Ohio.

As you can see, most of it is related to photography. I miss it. I feel like my skills are going to deteriorate if I don't get back into it pretty quickly so I am still aiming for January (though I doubt anyone will come out in January for photos but it will start the process at least). Well, I guess I should get to it.

No comments: