Thursday, January 28, 2010

Drama

That is what I feel like the last two days have been...just drama. I can't wait to be done with work tomorrow, hang out with Drena, finish up my photography clients on Saturday and go home to cuddle by the fire with Craig and my kitties!

So, yesterday I had Craig drive me to the airport because we were supposed to get snow and ice last night and his card doesn't really drive in that. Glad I did because we did get an inch last night and had a lot of ice this morning. But, I forgot my condo key on the car key chain again. Oops. And Drena doesn't have one because I took it the last time I was here. Luckily I had made her another copy (since I also lost hers) and a copy for my desk and they were in my purse. It was still a LONG 20mins between the time we landed and I realized I might not have a key and when we got to the gate so I could get my purse out of the overhead.

Then, I get home to check my mail to get all my tax documents out so I can file my taxes...I am ready since I will get a refund (thanks rental properties). I go to the box and there is a form in there that says vacant. Um, no. So I wrote all over it "NOT VACANT, I still live here, I just travel, deliver my mail!" The only real reason I care is the tax stuff and the fact that I refinanced my condo in August and it was refinanced as my primary residence...doesn't look too good when my mail gets returned to them because I don't live here. I was able to call the post office today and they said that they do that after 10 days if your mailbox is full...which they have never done before because I was gone for over a month before xmas and I had mail then. So she said I could come and pick it up...hmm, when? They are open 9-5 M-F. ...when I WORK!! I had to explain this to her 3 times with the last time having me say "I work 8:30-5:30....when not during those times are you open?" to which she said that I could have it delivered to my door...I am not holding my breath on that one. I guess I will be collecting my info online or by phone.

Then tonight I am sitting here relaxing when I get an email from Chase saying that a charge for $170.54 at Meijer was declined (this is a grocery store in the Midwest) and is it valid or not. The email looked a little fishy so instead of clicking the "valid charge" vs "non-valid charge" buttons, I just called Chase. By the time I talked to the lady there were 4 more charges totaling over $800. Awesome. They were really nice and she canceled it right away and I barely use that card anyway so I should be ok but it was just one more thing to deal with.

On top of all of that I sat in A LOT of meetings today and felt like I spent the whole day behind...tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same so I hope I can stay awake long enough to watch a movie with Drena tomorrow. Definitely an early night for me tonight!!

I realize that none of this has to really do with Atlanta (other than the USPS) but I just think that when I come here I always have all these other things that happen. Maybe it is because at home I basically wake up, make my latte and go sit in my office to work til lunch, eat lunch and back to work until it is time to go to the gym, then come home, cook dinner and chill. Here I spent the entire day running all over the place doing this that and the other and in meetings answering 1,000 questions about some work my group has done, was going to go to the gym at 1:10 for a kickboxing class but got pulled into another meeting and had to order food to be delivered. Tomorrow I meet with my new boss to see how he envisions our department and to pitch some ideas I have. I am a little nervous but I am sure it will be fine.....

Ok, I feel a little better now that it is all off my chest.....

Oh, and I forgot to bring Ollie Bear's birthday present...AWESOME....

1 comment:

Drena said...

take a breath...it'll all be alright! We have box wine if you need it tomorrow! :)