Monday, January 18, 2010

Resolutions and Cookbooks

My resolutions have been going pretty well so far. Everything that I have organized has stayed that way, I am back to eating healthier (you can read more about that on my other blog), have been planning out my menus (tried a new homemade calzone recipe tonight that we are going to add into the rotation :-)) Been drinking the water (that is what the picture is for this week for the theme "resolution" for my photo challenge) and have been couponing away!

I worked on my first quilt today (the one I took the class for) and quilted quite a bit of it today. I can't wait to get it all the way finished but it is tiring to move a blanket around a little sewing machine. I can sort of see the appeal of doing it by hand (though that would take FOREVER).

It warmed up to 40 and I actually went out without a jacket on...it is nuts how fast 40 can feel warm. It was warm enough to melt all the snow except the huge piles and I think we have about a week until we are going to get anymore. I am out of town starting next week and into the next week so hopefully when it gets cold again I will miss some of it. It has been really cold here but I think that I would gladly take this weather to have the beautiful summer we had last year. Of course, I mostly work from home so there are days where I don't go out or if I do it is just to go to the gym so that might have something to do with it.

I also FINALLY made a friend here. Someone I can call for whatever. I think I told you guys about her...she also plays soccer with Craig but is normal (well, nutty but fun). She is our age and recently divorced so she definitely parties more than I can handle but she is also someone I can call to do "girl" stuff because she is always up for whatever. It is nice!

So, the cookbook. I have been wanting to make a photo book for a while with pictures from our trips but just haven't gotten around to it (it is on the list and with a chore day and everything so organized I am finding more time for the projects). Well, I think that first I am going to do a personal cookbook. I want one place to put all the recipes that I use all the time with notes that are just mine (like the changes I make to recipes on the internet) or recipes that I grew up with. I am not exactly sure how I want to design it yet....whether I want pictures of the dishes in there or just cute pages with the ingredients and instructions. Do you guys have any suggestions/ideas?

1 comment:

m said...

Glad it is warming up!

Cookbook - For awhile I collect recipes, cut them out with a picture, and then paste all nicely arranged onto a piece of paper with notes. Then I would put it in a plastic sheet protector and file in a giant three ring binder divided by category. It got to be too much and I would fall behind so now I just pull out of the magazine, put in the sheet protector and file. If we like it or make any changes I pull it out and make a note. If we don't like it I just take it out and toss. It has been really convenient and when I plan meals I take out all the recipes and keep them in a cabinet near the stove for quick access when I am actually making something. At the end of the week I put those back and pull out the ones for the next week.