Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Last night was one of my laziest New Year's ever and I don't even have kids yet. I have felt like poo for the last three days. I am pretty sure it is a sinus infection (though I have never had one before but my sinuses are literally tender to the touch). I am hoping I am on the tail end of it now. I did buy one of those sinus cleanse/neti pot things today. I was really hesitant about it but people swear by them and after looking up a video on YouTube it didn't look too gross. I have to say that it wasn't gross at all (feels strange for the first second but if you breathe through your mouth it is ok) but it did make me feel a little better. There is so much pressure in my head and it said you could do it every 2 hours so I might do it once more before bed until I start feeling better. Today I have tried to relax (ran some errands that I HAD to do this morning). Football has been on TV all day and I am working on my New Year's resolutions. Speaking of which, here they are:

1. Continue to eat healthy and reduce the amount of processed food I eat even more than I already have.
2. Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day (I know that is a bit untraditional).
3. Become more organized and keep it that way. (this will also allow me to work on a few projects that I have wanted to complete and just haven't had time to because I am always running around).

I started on 2 and 3 today (and I guess sort of 1 since I went grocery shopping). I know that #2 will not be that hard if I can just remember to do it. #3 however...whew. I started off pretty good. I love the suggestions that I got from you guys and I started by reorganizing our Christmas stuff after we took it all down. We had several containers and a couple bags and then a couple lose items. I am proud to report that I didn't buy anything in the after xmas sales this year. I already have 5 rolls of paper, xmas cards to last through 2014, and enough lights to make our house rival the National Lampoon house. I didn't NEED anything else so I refrained. I also got rid of a couple things that we will never use. All it all it was pretty easy and we were able to put all our xmas stuff together and away. Next I tackled the tupperware cabinet. That thing literally drove me nuts. I could never find a lid for the bowls and half the time when you opened it a million little tupperwares fell out. UGH. I went through it all and matched everything up and then anything that didn't have a partner got throw away. On to the next thing on the list. I followed the advice of the organizing website that I read and broken all the things I need to do up into 15-20 minute projects. This makes for a really long list but it also allows you to cross things off easily(and all you list people know how joyous that is). I am feeling pretty good about it and hope to really purge a lot of stuff in the next few days/weeks and to not let it get so messy and unorganized again.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year's! Welcome to 2010!

No comments: