Sunday, January 10, 2010

Still going.....

I think that I am FINALLY getting over the cold..this one was yucky with all the coughing and stuff. Craig and I are both still coughing but I am hoping that this will be the last of it and I can finally return to a normal schedule of working out next week.

Still cold here, still snowing..some of the time anyway. We ended up with 6-8 inches total and our neighborhood roads are awful. I have been driving around to run errands and such but I have slid twice...once in our neighborhood and once in a parking lot. Both were really quick and I didn't panic but it does make me nervous about driving when it is really bad. We are supposed to get snow again tomorrow and the temps aren't supposed to get out of the 20s (for highs) until the end of the week when we will get to a whopping 34! Yikes. It is cold. This morning I went to run errands though and the trees had somehow gotten this beautiful white coat on their branches. It was gorgeous! I wish that I could have taken a picture because it really did look like a winter wonderland but unfortunately I didn't have my camera and there really was nowhere to pull over (cliff literally on both sides) so you will just have to imagine. The trees in our yard are not as gorgeous because the sun shines on them and they have melted. Oh well, hopefully one day I will find a place I can pull over and will snag a picture for you.

New Year's resolutions are going well. I have kept everything that I organized that I had already organized before I got sick and today was the first weekend with "chore day". I have to say that I had done a lot of them last week so it wasn't so bad to touch them up this week. We just have a bad habit of waiting until things really need it to do it. I am going to try not to do that anymore. The thing that is still a little hard for me is the grocery store. I am sure that I will get the hang of it. I have saved a ton with coupons and I make a list but sometimes it still feels like I am going back for one or two more things (this week I thought we had bread for sandwiches so I got the meat and cheese, only to come home and find out we didn't and then since we were having sandwiches, Craig requested chips which were not on the list). It is much better though and the dinner side of things has gone beautifully. I think that I am getting into a groove of what our favs are and what other ones we like and it seems to fill up the dinner calendar pretty fast! I am pretty excited about that because I am thinking that if I can have a good bank of meals to choose from then it will make my life even easier.

Still couponing, though I am really disappointed in the paper here (yea, the one Craig works for!). There is always a list online of what coupons are supposed to be in the paper and they hardly ever match up with what I get. This week there were supposed to be two inserts but my paper only had one (and I checked the others and they all only had one). It wouldn't be such a big deal except the coupons we are missing are always the ones I need and for the products I use...how annoying. I am not sure what the deal is but we are going to get a subscription with Craig's employee discount and I am hoping that when we get it delivered it will have all that I need and want. We will see. In the meantime I went to an online coupong service. Paying $.08 for a coupon that saves me $2 (and sometimes gets me free stuff) is worth it to me. Especially when it is on stuff that I don't want to switch brands on.

Finally, here is my picture for week 2 of the Photo Challenge I am doing. The theme is resolution. Week 1 was the picture of my newly cleaned craft room.

1 comment:

Zane Hollingsworth said...

Nice pic. I shot a pic of the new bike (a macro) to post today.