Saturday, January 2, 2010

What I spent my morning doing today.....

I feel much better today...apparently that neti pot thing really works! I did it twice yesterday, took some meds and had a good night's sleep. I feel almost 100%! Unfortunately Craig now has the funk and boys are so needy when they are sick so just trying to do what I can.

So far (and only day 2, I know), I feel like the NY resolutions are going well. I started yesterday with the organizing and continued this morning when I got up. Here are some pictures. My craft room had become the room where things just got thrown that were mine but Craig wasn't sure what to do with or when I would come home from shopping and it is where we store all our xmas stuff...just all in all a mess. I know some of you will have a heart attack when you see the before pictures so please, let's focus on the afters :-)
I also wrote up some menus for the next 10-14 days for dinner (breakfast we have the same pretty much every weekday and lunch is just me) and I was surprised in that I don't really need to buy anything until about 10 days from now. That should help with cutting down on the trips to the grocery store (4-5 times a week before) because it will help me to be more efficient :-)

In other news, it is cold as shi+ here. I read posts about it being 12 in Atlanta and wish it was that warm here. Sadly the other day I said it felt warmer out and the temp was 30! It snowed again last night (never a lot but still) which I think is the 4th or 5th time now and we aren't even supposed to get cold weather until Jan-Feb. Good times. Funny how hats, scarves and gloves are no longer a fashion statement but a necessity to stay warm! We can start using our fireplace soon so I am pumped about that!! YAY!!

Hope everyone else is enjoying these last few days of the holidays...all day I thought it was Sunday :-)