Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cat Pee

Cat pee is nothing to mess with...it smells disgusting. I think that a few of you can remember the lovely condo that I had on Weatherstone where my upstairs neighbors were drug dealers who had a million cats (63 were picked up one time by the humane society) and made our condo smell all the time!

Well, we have two cats now and I always laugh at those stories about people who leave their cats and the cats pee on their bed (or on something else of theirs),until now! Our cats have never done that...occasionally the boy will pee in the tub and while that is really gross, it is easy to clean because you turn on the water and then scrub the tub...no big deal. Well, last night we were sitting on the couch and I kept smelling pee. I KNOW that smell and our house does NOT smell like it. Our litter box is in a remote unfinished bathroom in our basement a whole level away. I couldn't get rid of the smell even with Febreeze (though it did help) so I knew our boy kitty had peed somewhere...I crawled all over the floor and couldn't find a wet spot. I looked at all the furniture and everything was fine. I had to call C at work today to get something from him and he said he could smell cat pee at his desk (our living room smells fine). Then I got this email from him:

I called Jennifer over to see if she could smell it and then we moved my coat but it was still there and then she smelt my bag and holy crap was that bad…you can see a huge stain on it too and it smells really bad…Mu peed right on the top of my bag! Now I have to get a new one…

It isn't funny but at the same time, it is. We have an outside cat that we have sort of adopted. As you can imagine, with the temps the way they are here we worry about her in the winter. We bought her a bed that we put in the garage and C closes the garage door at night to keep the temp in there around 30 (better than 9 or 19). Lately he has let her in the basement for a little while at night to eat (we feed her regularly) and I think that I our cat got mad about it and peed on Craig's bag. Ah, good times! At least it is an easy fix.

In other news, it seems like flights are now going to Atlanta and to Phoenix from Atlanta so it looks like I might actually make it out tomorrow. It is STILL snowing here but we can drive because it is powdery and no ice...keep your fingers crossed. My friend in Phoenix posted yesterday that it was 70 and sunny...YES PLEASE!

1 comment:

Zane Hollingsworth said...

If our cats get mad at us they'll start peeing everywhere. It usually happens when we switch brands of cat litter or try a different cat food. Of course with our zoo of animals, something gets peed, puked, or pooed on every day. Example, a 70# dog (Zoey) puked all over my back last night. Yeah animals!