Sunday, January 30, 2011

Project Happiness January Wrap Up

So, January is almost over so I wanted to report in on my project. In case you don't remember, here is a quick recap and how successful i was:

1. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. Success! I now drink 8 glasses of water a day. I can feel it if I haven't had it and I think the habit is here to stay! Yay!
2. No more than one soda a day. Success! I think I only had about 10 sodas (if that) the whole month!! No refills at all! This one will get harder when I start to travel like tomorrow when I get up at 3:45!
3. Take vitamins. Still a work in progress. I have a few vitamins to take, they are ones I already had like vitamin C and D and I took them a couple times but since I can't take them in thie morning because they make me nauseous, I often forget to take them. This goal will have to be worked on in Feb.
4. Track what I eat. Success! I did this all month, even when I had to go to work dinners and didn't get to pick what we were having. I think that overall it helped me to eat better and I am going to continue it.
5. Eat 5 fruits/veggies a day. Success! I think there were no more than 5 days for the whole month that I didnt get this one. Pretty good if you ask me! I will still work on it and I know as the days get warmer, my choices of fresh fruit and veggies will be more!

I have completed 10 days of the p90x so I am more than 10% done. I am sure there is no difference yet but I can definitely tell that I am stronger! You keep a log for some of the exercises and I have improved in every single exercise. Part of that might be that I wasn't quite sued what I was dojng the first time but I also think that a lot of it is because I have gotten better. I am a little in disbelief that a DVD that left me barely able to walk last week didn't have any effect on me this week. C says that you can get stringer pretty fast but I odnt remember the last time I did a full routine (other than a gym class once a week). I just am having a hard time getting over how much my form and strength has improved in a week. I think I will add back in running next week.

February's focus is going to be Organization. I have a couple ideas but most of them involve cleaning something out or organizing something rather than daily tasks. I will be back With the goals for that month. I know the first one is to make a resolution chart like Drena talks about...I think that will keep me on task!

I am off to bed soon, I have an early wakeup call tomorrow!!

No comments: