Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cold in Ohio!

Last night it was -10 degrees here...not wind chill cold, just plain -10 degrees...UGH! Luckily it warmed up to a balmy 22 today for my errand running. This is the coldest it has been in the almost 2 years since I have moved. Yuck. I am definitely getting more used to the cold but I don't like it much better.

Today I finished my 2009 and 2010 blog book. I didn't write but 49 entries for all of 2010...wow, sad. Since I have some extra pages because you pay depending on a range of pages, I am going to find some pictures to throw in there.

I ran the other night (after I went out in the 6 inches of snow we got on Thursday...and they still have not plowed our road and I doubt they will because the main roads are clear) and it was a little tougher than I had hoped. I think that I don't do as well on the treadmill as I do outside..maybe it is boredom, I don't know, I just know I don't like it. My hamstrings were really tight.

Yesterday I started p90x and my chest is pretty sore today. The first DVD was basically an hour of doing pushups and pullups (I used bands because I don't have a pullup bar). I couldn't feel my arms by the last set and was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to move today because I thought I would be so sore. It actually isn't too bad today...what hurts worse is my stomach muscles. I had no idea how much you used those in pushups until I did the fitness test and my abs were sore. Then yesterday when I did the pushups my abs were screaming...today I can barely sit up from a laying down position...it is tough. If I sit for too long I get sore. The workout for today was Plyometrics. I liked this one...it is supposedly the hardest one but I found it kind of fun...it is a lot of jumping and sports moves. A lot of the moves reminded me of drills we would do in high school when I played basketball....cool. I am not sore yet but I am sure I will be tomorrow.

I think that I am going to like p90x. It is hard but I can tell that it is good exercises. The dude instructing it is sort of hard core...He kept asking if we were in our heart rate zone. I was not! My "zone" according to my watch is 132-150 (though I probably need to recalibrate it) and I was around 165-175! HA! I also like that you can do almost all the moves using a band. You don't get as much out of it using a band, I don't think but it is at least nice to know it is an option to take the band on the road with me and still keep up with it. The one I did today didn't have any extra equipment. I am going to try my hardest to stick with it for the 90 days and am hoping I will be less sore eventually so I can start running again. I feel like at this point it would just be painful.

Other than that I haven't really done that much this weekend so far...tomorrow the Packers play and if they win I get a free lunch (Controller in Cinci is a Bears fan and we bet every time they play) and they get to go to the Super Bowl! YAY! I think that Ali is coming over to watch and we are going to have brats :-)

Next week starts my travel again...3 days in Atlanta, home for 4 days, back to Atlanta for 3, home for 4 and then Baltimore for 5. Whew! Next week is going to be long...I have two work dinners and all day meetings...you guys know how I love those. I just feel like they are so draining! On Wed I will finally be done and am going to meet Alyson, Zach, Ariyana, and Maddox for dinner before heading to the airport.

I sure do hope it is warmer in Atlanta!

2 comments:

Drena said...

I'm almost most sore on the 2nd day after the workout.

Great job!

Mel said...

Thanks! I actually like the workouts (minus the cheesy trainer but whatever). I just hate being sore...today is worse than yesterday...I am hoping that after a week I will be good and can get back to running...I am pretty sure that if I tried to run now I would die.