Wednesday, August 26, 2009

rough day

Today was rough. I finally felt better and have been going to bed at a decent hour and gettimg plenty of sleep but around 9:45 today I got the screen that you never want to see. The "you are screwed" screen and that is exactly what I am. Screwed. My work computer's hard drive crashed today. The IT guy tried to breathe life into it with 0 success. Ugh. I did raise enough hell to have them overnight a new one to the location I will be visiting tomorrow but I still lost everything. I didn't have much personal stuff on there but I did have my tax software and therefore, my taxes. Not sure I have that anywhere else. I also lost all the emails that I had to archive or that I put in folders (I have a separate folder for all 80 something locations and lost all that stuff). It sucks. Craig said I will probably look for old stuff less than I think and I do have the super important stuff on the server but it just sucks!

I drove 2 hrs across VA with no working radio station for the first hour or so and am now in Harrisonburg for the next two days. I think I will get some more good sleep tonight and hopefully tomorrow will be better. The one good thing about this is that I talked to the guy that I was supposed to visit next week and he has it handled so now I don't have to go! A whole week in town and then my siste, Zach, and bb visit!!!! Yay!! I can't wait! We are going to take her to the zoo and the Air Force museum where we can go om President Clinton's Air Force One! Wonder if there is a bj room :-)

No comments: