Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Worn out...

that seems to be a theme lately. I just read Rebbeca's blog about her trip and just reading it wore me out :-) I fly back in from Philly last night. My visit there was pretty good and nowhere near as frustrating as the trips to SC were so that was good. I was not a fan of the airport or my flight home. When I flew in on Sunday and was riding the Hertz bus to my rental car the guy made an announcement that there were 2 gas stations that were a mile from the airport. He was one of those guys who thinks that he is an announcer on the Tonight Show, but really he is just driving a Hertz bus so I am thinking that this was some big joke that he was playing on all of us. When I got to he airport yesterday I didn't see a gas station anywhere. I normally would have just returned the car but they have been a stickler with the expense policy lately and I am sort of the business owner for our new expense system so I feel like I need to be on top of it. I ended up driving 10-15mins from the airport to get gas. When I finally got in the airport the security line was super long and really unorganized. Luckily I could go in the medallion line :-) There is this guy that works there (he was there last summer when I flew out of there too) and he is like the soup Nazi ...there is a sign that says stand here and wait and it is about 5 ft from the place where he checks ids. If people go right up to him he tells them to back up to the sign and then he will call them right up...takes his job WAY to seriously. Anyway, waiting in line there was a guy behind me who was pissed it was taking so long so he thought that banging into me 08344093280 times in security might help it all along....too bad he was wrong.

Once I got on the flight (delayed) there was a lady who got on with a row 14 seat...problem was, it ended at row 13. Weird. There was also another lady who had my same seat (and two people with the seat in front of me). I have never seen this happen. The lady sitting in my same seat too the seat behind us and I wish that I had. The guy seating next to me was like 6'6" and took up his whole seat, plus most of mine. Immediately when he sat down he put up the arm rest. I found that extremely rude. He could have at least asked. I would have said yes (cause I don't know what else to say and I have to sit next to him for the next 1.5 hours) but I just don't like it when people just do it without asking. I was so ridiculously squished it was not even funny. I couldn't move my legs for the whole flight and it was killing my back to be so contorted...ugh. I made it though and finally got home for a few days before I head to Atlanta on Sunday.

The bathroom tile "painting" turned out really well! I am very impressed by how much it really does look like tile. It is shiny and feels like it and everything. The tub and counter still need to be done and then I will get you guys some after pictures...hopefully by the weekend. I think that Craig is going to work on it some more tonight. I also think that I have decided on the green for the walls in my craft room! Rebecca convinced me.

Other than that, I am going to another sewing class tonight to learn how to make a tote (like the ones you get at publix). It is with a new teacher so I am a little worried. I sort of got used to my crazy quilt teacher and I was usually her only student so I would get the whole project done and didn't have to wait for people who couldn't catch on (I know, I am horrible). I also need to take a picture of the Georgia flannel quilt I made in my last sewing class :-)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

There was this guy at Josh's parent's open house party thing on Saturday (husband of the daughter of some family friends). Anyway, Josh's brother asked this guy what he does for a living and the guy told him that he works for Homeland Security. I guess Josh's brother must have asked him some follow-up questions, because it turns out, the guy actually works for TSA doing airport security at the Philly airport (maybe he's the guy who tells people to back up to the sign!). Josh's brother was really annoyed later on after they left that the guy was hyping up his job & making it sound so much more important than it really is. Not that airport security isn't important I guess, but Homeland Security definitely sounds more impressive than airport security. We also encountered a TSA lady in Philly who kept hounding me as to whether we had any electronics in our bag that were bigger than her hands (I guess when she saw the kids she figured we MUST have electronics in our bag??). I told her that we had a Leapster but that it didn't set the machine off in Atlanta when we flew up there. She replied "Well not everybody does their job correctly." SNAP! Way to throw the TSA people of the world's busiest airport under the bus.

Also, sorry for wearing you out. :) But yay for green!

Mel said...

you bring up another thing that annoys me...recently different airports have required different things. Like in Dayton we don't have to show our boarding pass but in Philly I did and I have found no consistency from airport to airport. I just keep it out and then at the airports where they don't require it they get mad and tell you to put it away (and tell you rudely). Then yesterday the lady working my line was making people put their ziplocks in the same bin as their computer (and got mad cause a girl didn't) but the next line over I heard the lady tell the people that the computer had to be in a separate bin. They need to either post signs as to what they want or not be so rude and realize that some of us fly in and out of different airports and it is hard to keep up with it all!

The guy at the airport with the attitude is in his 50s or so, but it would be hilarious if it was the same guy! I remembered him from over a year ago! HA!