Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lists, lists, and more lists....

yep, my life is consumed by lists. I posted about this before and got a little consulting from Erin and have started to put all my big items on my planner (my rocks) and then fill in the smaller items when I have time (the sand). I have to say that I do feel less stressed about it all because I know when I am going to work on certain things. The problem that I have had is that my job is really unpredictable and I get calls all day and hundreds of emails that I have to answer, problems to deal with and conference calls that are last minute. I know most people's jobs are like that and I know it keeps things interesting but I sometimes envy people who can come straight in and work through their to do list with no interruptions or at least if the interruptions are there they are small. Then again, I would probably get bored with that. The one thing that I have not been good about completing are my weekend projects. I need to work on that. I was doing well until the home improvement projects came up unexpectedly. I need to reschedule them.

Yesterday I got almost everything on my to do list done but today I am already behind and it is only 9:45. Oh well, hopefully I will catch up.

I am not feeling very well, I think that it is allergies but not sure why it would be allergies right now. Anyone who has bad allergies know if they are bad right now? If it isn't that then it is probably just all the traveling. I have been on a plane at least once a week for the last 8 weeks....that will definitely wear you down.

The bathroom is making progress! I haven't seen it but Craig finished the counter Sunday night and had started the painting last night (mostly the filling in holes and all that stuff). I am hoping that he will be able to finish the painting tonight or tomorrow and I will have some after pictures for you when I get home on Thursday night.

Finally, I am really close to my 500th post and I am trying to think of something good to do for that post. I like the giveaway that Carrie did but I don't want to seem unoriginal and steal her idea. Then again, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

1 comment:

Carrie Davis said...

I think giveaways are great - copy or not!!