Saturday, August 1, 2009

Relaxing

Finally home and so glad. Not that the beach wasn't relaxing, because it was and I had a blast with my little Ariyana (notice she is mine now). I was there with her for 6 days and she was such an angel. She literally didn't have one single temper tantrum. I only remember one day where she cried a little but as soon as she realized that crying was not the way to let mommy have her book to rip apart she stopped and started playing again. She is such a good little one. I was a little afraid that if she was going through the terrible twos (she is almost there) then she wouldn't be as much fun because she would cry a lot and have an attitude, but she isn't that kind of gal (at least not yet). I have pictures and the video of her saying "go dawgs" that I will post later but I don't have time right now. I just wanted to do a quick post of some updates.

My dad was supposed to have a procedure last week and they had him stop taking his blood thinners in order to have it done (my dad had a stroke in 2001 at age 53). Well, on Wednesday when my mom got to the beach she said he had been acting funny and my sister thought something might be up. I called him and he had no recollection of my sister coming to get him and spending 4 hours going around to doctors, they ultimately decided not to do the procedure. This worried us so we sent him to the hospital. They ran all kinds of tests but what they determined is that not taking his medicine was causing problems. It was a relief to find it out but he was in the hospital for 2 days with tests...that was tough.

My sister also had surgery on Thursday. It was a planned outpatient procedure and she is doing fine but being an older sister means I always worry (well, probably being a sister in general). I talked to her yesterday and she sounded a lot better.

As for me, injured the neck again planning with Ariyana. Thank goodness I looked up chiropractors and there is a 9:30am appt waiting for me today...YAY. No sure I actually believe that chiropractors help but people swear by them and I am willing to try anything now. This time I actually felt the pull. It helps to have it rubbed so Craig was a trooper last night helping me with that. Hopefully this chiro can work some magic!

After that is off to the garden....we have had a bit of a growth spurt since I have been gone and it is getting a bit wild out there...I need to tame the beast!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, I will be back with beach stories and pics later.

No comments: