Sunday, August 16, 2009

Time

I am a bit cranky tonight. I don't really want to be in Atlanta right now. Don't get me wrong, I like coming here, I like hanging out and I liked that I got to eat dinner with my mom and hang out with my sister but there is SO MUCH to do at home. I have been traveling like crazy and it doesn't really slow down anytime soon so it is hard to get stuff done in Ohio. I am moving in just a few weeks and I have a lot to get done in that time. I feel like I am starting to get rundown and I am worried that I am going to get sick soon :-(

I am also a bit annoyed by the chain of events today. I got a phone call at 9am and after I had sent a reminder to my one and only client (and the ONLY reason I came to Atlanta today and cut my weekend short as opposed to coming tomorrow) I knew it would be her. Sure enough, it was her and she wanted to know if there was any way to do the shoot earlier because she just started a new business and had a meeting today. While I understand that these things can happen, why didn't she let me know days ago? Why the day of? I think that I get annoyed because I feel like people have a complete lack of respect for other people's time (or at least mine). I am not a store that is open from 9 to 5 no matter whether people come in or not. I plan my travel, weekends, and to some extent, life around when I need to be at my studio for customers. I find it extremely rude when people are always late or think that they can just switch stuff around on me. Of course I always oblige when I can. I really like this family so I try to be understanding but part of me is just annoyed that they were 20 mins late and then we only spent 30 mins taking pictures when I could have used all the hours today to paint and partially set up my craft room. I also just felt flustered because the trains in the airport weren't working so you had to walk from the terminals and I was on C and then everyone had to walk so it was packed and some people just mosy....so, by the time I got home it was 2:55 and they were supposed to be here at 3. I felt so rushed. Oh well, it ended well, the kids were angels and I got to have dinner with my mom so that was all good.

In other news, I just finished reading My Sister's Keeper and I was PISSED at the ending. I mean PISSED. I HAVEN'T seen the movie and I know everyone says it is different so please don't tell me what happens. I am sure I will equally as pissed and I am not sure I can even make it through the movie because I will want to know how the ending is different. I think that I may get Craig to get it for Friday.

Also, I can't believe that football season starts in a couple of weeks! I looked into it last night and I think that I am going to get ESPN Gameplan so I can watch all the UGA games. I am so sad that I will only make it to one this year and if anyone is going from Atlanta to the Auburn game, I would love a ride :-) We watched the Greenbay preseason game yesterday and Lumpkin did well!! YAY!

I am thinking that it will be an early night tonight for me....

No comments: