Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 2....

Today is yucky and rainy here, so I feel like one of those kids in the movies who is peering out the window with the rain trickling down. That is how my trailer window looks.

This morning the traffic was much better than yesterday morning. I left around the same time as yesterday but I guess since it was raining there was not as much construction that involved people walking around (they were on the other side in the middle in their machines). It only took 45 mins from Craig's house and that included a stop for coffee at the speedway :-)

I also have been so busy today that I haven't had time to notice that I am all alone...of course the GM did come down to see how everything was going and whether I was comfortable and stuff so that was nice. I also am having lunch with the Controller so I hope that will help to break up the day a little bit and I have had my radio on all day so that definitely helped too. Maybe it will not be so bad.

They didn't really appear to have any offices up front and most of what I do is a little secretive so I can't really have a cube in the middle of the auction or run to a conference room everytime I have a call I need to be on. It would be a little better if there were at least some people right outside my office in a cube but really, this is the best place for my job function, just maybe not my personality. I am sure I will get used to it as time goes on....

So, weird thing this morning...on the highway (which is most of my commute) there was this white car that kept pulling right up to me with a guy in it. Every time I would look over he would be looking right at me and then he would pull back. At first I wondered if it was someone that worked here that I met yesterday (some of them live up near me) but then the last time we had our encounter about a mile before my exit, he pulled back and was gone. So, he didn't get off at the same exit as me..hmmm.

I love the fact that I get to cook every night now for me and someone else...I know that sounds weird but I am a dork like that. As I mentioned last night on FB, the groceries are cheap here (or they have gone down in Atlanta and I just haven't bought any in a while) because I got a gallon of milk for $1.99, half gallon was $.88 the other day. I know I have never paid under $2 for a gallon of milk in Atlanta. The chicken was also $1.88 a pound for Tysons and not just the breasts with the fat, but the tenders that are already trimmned. Ground beef -$1.49 a pound, and not the 50% fat one and this was all at Kroger, so not like it was some sketchy grocery store or anything. It is pretty sweet. The funny thing is that there are a TON of fat people here (pun intended) and I don't understand why if the food is so cheap. I guess I am used to Atlanta where we have fat people but in the city if you go to a club it seems like every girl is a size 2 (except me of course). Here it is quite the opposite...interesting.

The next project I am going to have is a garden at Craig's house...of course I just looked at the weather and it is supposed to rain all weekend so that might have to be put on hold....we will see. Do any of you have any experience with gardens or any ideas of what to grow?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love growing fresh herbs...they are so much better to cook with than dried...very easy to grow.
Terah