Thursday, March 19, 2009

Please Don't Tow

Last night Drena, Carrie, Erin, Dudley and I went to Nuevo Laredo for dinner. There was NO parking anywhere when Drena and I got there so we parked down this side street near it. Of course as we walk up to the restaurant we see that people are pulling out but since I didn't see a sign that said that we couldn't park on the street that we had parked on, we just left our cars. Fast forward to the hour long wait for a table and the 30 min dinner and we are walking back to our cars when I see a tow truck right in front of where my car was parked. I was worried that they were towing my car so we started running and sure enough they had my car hooked up to the truck. It was the biggest guy I have ever seen that was doing it and I started screaming "that's my car!!!". He was nice enough to undo it and not charge me, which I was SUPER surprised by! Most of the time, if they already have it hooked up then you have to pay (and probably most of the time they keep the cash) so with this economy I was really surprised. He told me to hurry because he had another car to tow (it was probably Drena's). While all this was going on there was a girl standing there taking pictures with her camera phone of the street with the cars parked on it....I am sure she was the one who called them because when he was pulling out from my car she was yelling "hey, there is one more" to him. I am sure I am on a blog somewhere as the bi+ch that parked on her street. Honestly, I didn't see the sign (which the tow truck guy pointed out to me and it was pretty close to my car) and it was green, not like the normal red signs. I felt bad that I had parked where I shouldn't have but at the same time, we were not blocking a single thing AT ALL. No driveways, not in front of a house, not even in the street so I really don't see what the big deal was. Oh well. I am just glad that my car didn't get towed because that would have sucked and really put a damper on the night.

I am not sure that I will be returning there anytime soon...the food is ok but the parking situation sucks and I don't think that the food is any better than it is at a cheap Mexican restaurant where I can pull right up and sit right away. Having dinner with the girls was fun though...hopefully we can do it more often.

No comments: