Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wasting time

That is what I am sort of trying to do right now. The end of the day here is a little hard for me to concentrate. I am not sure why but right now I lose my focus right around 4:00. Hmm.

So, a lot of people have asked how things are going with Craig and I here since I moved. Now, it has only been a few days, and not much longer than a normal vacation for when I might come to visit, but things are really going well. I have been a little stressed because I just feel like I have a to do list that never gets any smaller and it stresses me a bit. I haven't finished editing several sessions (sorry Erin and Drena, but I promise them soon) and it isn't because I haven't tried to make the time. I haven't gone to bed before about 12:30am yet. I think that I thought that all the stress would go away when I moved...you know, all the stress was building up to the move but now I realize that I still have a lot to do. Craig assures me that it will be better by the weekend...that is when I should have everything done that is a 'must do' and then I can work on some of the other things. The weather is supposed to be yucky here this weekend so he is probably right and I probably will get a lot done. Other than that though, things are good. I feel like there is a lot of tension gone. Maybe tension isn't the right word, but that feeling that you have when you know you only have 10 hours left with someone and then it will be weeks or months until you see them again. It makes it harder to enjoy the time because you worry that it is going to end (or at least I do). Now, it is not a big deal to say goodbye because I know that it will not be long before I can see him again. I know that probably sounds silly to those of you that haven't done the long distance thing ever, but for those who have, you know what I mean.

On the agenda tomorrow is to find a nail place. I dread it. It is so hard to find a good place and I dread it so much that I thought about not getting my nails done anymore. The trouble is that they are so brittle and they break and one of them is all rigid from my lovely eczema :-( None of the girls that Craig knows get theirs done (either not girly enough or trying to save money). I can't decide what I want to do but my nails are really too long now! It even makes it difficult to type (though not quite the extreme as some cashiers we all know and love). I might just not do it anymore and see what happens to my nails and whether they break a lot again. I miss my nail place at home where I could actually understand the people when they asked me questions :-(

Funny---I am now streaming the Atlanta station that I listened to in order to have some noise in my office. The traffic report just said traffic on 75 south and I thought "thank goodness that I am going north"...yeah, wrong city!

No comments: