Monday, March 23, 2009

I am here!!

Wow, who would have thought that when I requested the 8-11am timeslot for my internet and cable to be hooked up that it would actually happen in that timeframe?? The guy showed up while I was drying my hair a little after 9am and by 10 I was fully functional! I can't believe it. He was really nice too. Also on the to do list for today was to call the truck company to see if we can drop it off after hours, call the vet to see if I need an appointment to take out Chloe's stitches, call comcast to cancel my cable back home and to tell the office here that I have a hole in my fridge (on the inside, but still). Also on the list, Target (4th time since I got here), grocery, home depot to make an extra key for Craig, bank to set up an account, and find a nail place :-) We will see. I also have a full day of work that I need to get done and a headache I can't shake.

The move was really not as bad as I thought it would be. My mom, Dudley and I packed up the car on Friday in about 2.5 hours. It would have been nice to have a few more hands to help but we had a cart so that helped a lot because we could just roll out several boxes at a time and then load them up. After we finished my sisters, Zach, Ariyana, and Morgan showed up and we hung out, ate pizza and watched basketball. After that my mom and I headed to Dudley's for the night. The next morning I somehow woke up at 7:15 and could hear Dudley and my mom already up so we just all got up, cooked pancakes, showered and hit the road right at 9am. At about 6:15pm we pulled into Craig's house. The drive was not that bad but it was really long. It took longer than it normally does but we also didn't rush. I had Shopoholic and Sister on CD so I listened to that the whole way after I lost my radio in Atlanta (well, TN before I lost it). I also put a John Grisham book in mom's car. It worked out well. That night we unloaded my car and went to Target and to eat while Craig went to his soccer game. The next morning our plan was to get up, make breakfast and then be at my place by 10am to unload. We told my cousin and my aunt and uncle to be there around 10. They told my mom they were leaving at 8:30 because it would take them an hour and 20 mins so I decided we should get here a little before 10. We left Craig's house while he was going to shower and then meet us over there. By the time we got to my place the family was already here and we began unloading immediately. By the time that Craig got here at 10:20 it was almost done. He felt bad but after I had told him that it took us 2.5 hours in Atlanta, I think that he thought he had more time. Oh well. After that everyone started unpacking while I ran to Target for shower curtain rings and cabinet liner. By the time I got back my entire room was set up (bed put together and made) and then about 15 mins later my whole kitchen was done. After that I treated everyone to pizza at my favorite nearby place! YUM YUM!! Then we made a trip to Ikea (very disappointed but maybe I was just tired) while Craig went home to do yard work (it was beautiful here yesterday). My mom and I went back to Craig's to hang out last night to watch TV and cook dinner, then we came back after Desperate Housewives and went to bed. She had a 6am flight out this morning because I didn't know that I was going to work from home when we booked it.

That is about it for me..more later....

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you have had a very busy weekend! Glad you are mostly settled!

Mollypants said...

Glad you made it, sounds like you planned the moving experience really well!

Rebecca said...

By the way - so am I totally oblivious, but when did you change your blog name? It was probably 3 weeks ago and I'm just now noticing it. I like it though!

Mel said...

No worries, Rebecca, I just changed it yesterday for my first post in Ohio :-)