Friday, March 13, 2009

Destressing and why moms are great!

I was extremely stressed yesterday (which you can sort of tell if you read the nonsense that was my post yesterday....weird). Anyway, I knew that this weekend I had to somehow come home today, clean up my place, pack what I could (and then find a place to put all the boxes once I did pack) and get everything ready for my sessions that start at 9am tomorrow. Since I so many this weekend that meant that I needed to cleaned off my cards, make sure they were all on my computer, back up the files on my computer so I could clean off cards if I needed to tomorrow between sessions. I also had to vaccuum and clean the kitchen, living room and bathroom. It might not sound like a lot but it was stressing me. SO, enter my mom....she offered to come and help me this weekend but with everything I have planned this weekend I wasn't sure when she could come and I didn't want her to drive all the way down here for an hour or two. I know she doesn't care but I do....so, since she was working today and that was only 30mins from my place she said she could come tonight and I took her up on it. By the time I got home she had packed up my whole bathroom minus the jewelry, all my dishes, most of my other kitchen stuff, my shoes and some of the boxes from under my bed. She also helped me set up a wardrobe box that she had from when my sister moved which allows you to put all your clothes in it hung up. Since she got all that done, I was able to get all the cleaning part done while chatting with her and by 9 she was on her way home and my place is clean (until the kiddos show up tomorrow) and the stuff that takes a while is all packed. There honestly isn't much more we could do until I can spread it all out in the living room but I really feel 1000 times better about it all. I only have two days this week during the week when I will be home before 9 (including Sunday) so I wanted to get as much as I could done today and we were successful. I feel like I can enjoy it a little more now.

Having her help me and being so selfless makes me realize that she still feels the way about me as those of you who have kids feel about your own children. I think that it is easy for parents to feel needed and to help their children when they are babies and can't help themselves, but it means a lot to me that she still wants to do anything to help me, even when I am a full grown adult. Warm fuzzies :-)

Chloe had her surgery today and she did very well....Craig is going to pick her up tomorrow but the vet said that everything went exactly as it should have...yay cause that was another thing to sort of stressed me.

2 comments:

Mollypants said...

How nice of your mom...I always get stressed out when I move - you'll get through it, it's just hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel sometimes! I'd be glad to help you tomorrow when I get there - I'm good at packing!

Drena said...

moms are awesome. u will have another new appreciation for her when you have a baby. i can tell u how much I have needed my mom the last 12 weeks.