Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Differences

Things that I have noticed after being here for a little over a week:

--It is dark here....as in when I walked to the dumpster last night to throw out the trash, I couldn't even see the sidewalk. I could see a lot of stars but I am not used to that. In Atlanta (at least where I live) there are lights everywhere. My eyes are having to readjust to this darkness :-)
--There really isn't any traffic. I mean, they say there is but it is nothing like Atlanta and unless you leave right at 5-5:20pm you will completely miss it. Even when there is "traffic" it still moves, it is just that you go 60 instead of 80.
--People here tend to drive sort of slow, and in the fast lane. It drives me nuts. They are going faster than the other lane but they are still going slow.
--There seem to be more heavy people here (I mentioned this in another post).
--Groceries are cheap!
--Everyone eats fast food, all the time! They are always packed (as are most restaurants).

Work lately has been a nightmare! My presentation didn't go a well yesterday because people decided that they didn't like what I was presenting and they would just give me the silent treatment..super mature. Oh well, I knew it wasn't going to go over super well. Unfortunately when you have the job of making new policies and enforcing rules, you aren't always the most popular person on the block :-(

Last night Craig wanted to go and take some pictures and since I haven't taken any in forever, I went with. Unfortunately, that meant that I left work at 5:45 and wasn't home until 8:20. I have had a hard time finding a good wind down to my day here. I am going to join the gym at his work and I am hoping that will help. I just feel a little stressed all the time, like I can't get anything crossed off the to do list. This past weekend I went to visit my cousin in Columbus and while I really liked visiting them, it meant that I went to Columbus two days in a row (it is about 70miles) so I really spent a lot of my weekend driving around. I will not make that mistake this weekend :-) I can't wait to just relax and if they weather holds up, plant my garden :-)

No comments: